35

"Legolas! No you're not allowed to die! Not now!" I yell at Legolas, he was in my arms, a blood trail from his mouth. A massive blood stain where he'd just been pelted with the rain of arrows.

"Hey, don't worry about me," he coughed out.

How did we get like this?

1 hour earlier_

We walked into the courtyard. Nothing was there.

"Alright. We should pair up, search the streets. But be careful," I say, all my siblings had joined me and the king and Queen were just stood in the doorway watching us shocked.

"Alright. I have a bit of revenge to get at so I need Vanes with me," Mirulan says. She nods and walks over to him, a bow ready to shoot anything.

Everyone else paired up, it was me and Legolas, Mirulan and Vanes, Samuli and Laron, and finally Castiel and Karla. Everyone had their weapons ready before splitting off into our separate directions.

We walked down our street cautiously. A notice went around for citizens to stay indoors until the pests were under control.

"Miss, what's happening?" A little girl popped her head out of her house. I knelt down and pushed her back in gently.

"Stay inside, we have a little problem. Be a good girl and wait inside," I tell her as an arrow goes flying in between us. I quickly push her in further and slam the door shut.

Legolas had already found the culprit and shot him down.

"We need to be more careful," he says, climbing onto a roof and putting his hand down to help me up. I grab it and hoist myself up, we look around.

"It seems really quiet," I mumble as we start roof jumping.

"Yes. But they seem to be using their ranged soldiers first, if we find their ground troops and wipe them out now, it'll become less of a struggle later," Legolas told me, his lessons in strategy had obviously payed off.

"Alright, but we need to be extremely careful. There might be more than we can handle," I remind him as we jump off a building that hit the tree line.

We creep through the trees until we reached the ramp going down the side of the mountain from the only entrance and exit. The boulder had been shattered and there was a lot of Uruk-Hai's.

"There's not too many, we can take them on," Legolas said, not removing his gaze from the enemies. I sigh and pull my bow out, putting my duel blade back onto my back. He was about to start running when I grabbed his arm and pulled him into a hug.

"I don't know what you're trying to prove but please, don't get yourself killed," I let go and grab a tree branch, pulling myself up, "I'll cover you from a bit closer until we've broken the line. Then I'll join you."

He nods and I start quickly moving myself from branch to branch, tree to tree, until I hit the last tree that was about a third of the way into the crowd.

"Did they really not hear me? They really are stupid," I whisper lowly as I knocked an arrow in my bow and started aiming. Legolas hadn't moved yet, I thought he was freezing up now but after a couple moments he ran out into the open and started cutting through a crowd of the monsters. One came up behind him with a jagged sword, raising it up. I aim my arrow towards the blade and shoot, not only did it hit the sword out of the enemies hand but it also knocked a black arrow off its course. I searched for the shooter to find it in another tree, I knocked it out quickly and focused back on Legolas. He was fighting pretty well.

After a while I jumped down and started fighting too, not only had I ran out of arrows but Legolas had broken to the point that I was perched at.

"Glad you could join me," he says as we stand back to back, I was still holding my bow, getting ready to put it away before reaching and grabbing one of Legolas' arrows and quickly sending it towards an orca forehead. I put my bow back and pull out my duel blades (a/n: just to remind you that's a sword with two blades and a handle in the middle. It's a pretty large weapon that is really useful for close combat in groups). We cut through the crowd until it seemed we'd finally gotten rid of them all.