6

I have avoided Legolas for the past three days of staying here in Mirkwood because I don't appreciate him tricking me.

"Ok, what's the matter, y/n?" Gandalf asked, joining me walking around the platforms.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I replied, although I did know what he was talking about but he might be talking about something different? Or at least I hope he is. We kept walking until we wound up in the training room.

"Legolas, he comes into a room and you leave," he replied, oh great, "you hear his name...and you change the subject. Almost like you're avoiding any notion of him."

I hadn't even noticed that I had pulled out a dagger until I was looking at a dummy with my dagger planted in the side of it's skull.

"Remember the first night?" I asked, Gandalf nodded, "well he joined me outside and purposely annoyed me and tricked me into talking about the past."

I already expected a bad reaction.

"You naïve girl! Stupid, stupid girl! Allowing your anger to control you, you warriors need to learn to control yourselves," he yelled, I glared at him.

"And you're any better?!" I asked, hate lacing my words.

"Actually yes," he glared down on me, so I glared back up to him.

"Woah guys, calm down. No need for a feud here," Lord Elrond butted into our conversation by talking rushed and pulling me next to him.

"Calm torne (calm down)," he whispered to me, I took a deep breath and calmed.

"Now what could possibly be happening between our two friends here?" Lord Thranduil asked, slight amusement was evident in his voice.

"That son of yours tricked y/n!" Gandalf exclaimed now staring into Lord Thranduil's almost dead eyes.

"Yeah! What he said," I backed up Gandalf, everyone looked at me with slight pity to my loss of words, I shrunk down knowing Gandalf would do all the talking.

"What do you mean? Legolas would never trick a woman in his life!" Lord Thranduil exclaimed slightly outraged.

"What about lonely, outsided she-elves, who are lost, got not no home, no family, no one," I asked peaking around Elrond, Thranduil looked at me not being able to pull out an answer.

"What's this about me?" Legolas seemed to just appear out of no where.

"Were you spying on us?" I glared at him.

"No, I was over there training, you were being too loud for my liking, everyone can hear you," he said smugly. Why is the person who is made out to be such a great person is the one who turns into my most hated person of the year?

"I can't deal with you anymore," I sighed, leaning against one of the dummies. But then an idea popped into my head, "I've got an idea, we duel. I win, you leave me alone, stop questioning me. You win, I'll do whatever you want... I guess."

"I agree," he answered, Gandalf, Thranduil and Elrond looked at me worried.

"Weapon wise, use whatever," Legolas added, I nodded.

"Legolas, I don't think you should-" Lord Thranduil started to suggest before he was interrupted.

"Father, please. Allow me to escort this mountain rat out of here. She is no pure elf," Legolas snapped.

"Not pure- why you tell me what makes her not pure?" Gandalf demanded.

"She grew up outside of elvish land, making her no better than a dwarf," he replied.

"That wasn't her choice," Lord Elrond responded.

"I thought you were a respectable prince, Prince Legolas of Mirkwood, son to Lord Thranduil of Mirkwood, the future leader of one of the strongest elvish cities known in middle earth," I said irritated, "more like commoner Legolas, son to the well known and well respected Lord Thranduil and the future leader of Mirkwood, more like Downwood because you're going to be the death."

"Later dead prince!" I bowed and walked away as he glared at me.

I think I was too harsh on him but to me, he deserved it.

Mirulan's PoV

We've been searching for y/n for a few days, but we haven't left Lothlórien because my state was still improving, slowly but surely.

"Mára arinya, mellon. Manen are tye feeling sí? (Good morning, friend. How are you feeling now?)" Haldir joined me in the library.

"Ni am ehtelë, thank tye. (I am well, thank you.)" I replied nodding curtly to him.

"I's valief ana lar-. Care- tye have anime news on y/n? (That's great to hear. Do you have any news on y/n?)" he asked, smiling a small smile. I shook my head.

"We only know what we learned from Lady Galadriel," I looked down to the floor sadly as we kept walking around the beautiful gardens.

"I'm sure we'll find her," he replied, trying to cheer me up, "as soon as you've lost your limp and you're able to pick up a weapon again, I'll take you out to find her. I promise."

He lifted my face to meet his, I frowned.

"Ni promise (I promise)" he said again.

"And us! We're her family too," Karla and the others joined us. Haldir stifled laugh and nodded.

"But only when Mirulan has fully recovered completely, we don't want him getting even more worse than he already is. He's taken a lot of beating already," Haldir said sternly before excusing himself.

"Mana's as tye ar Haldir? Tye seem reallime close. (what's with you and Haldir? You seem really close.)" Castiel asked me wrapping his arm around my neck in a teasing way.

"Brother, before you were born I lived for 35 years, in those 35 years I grew up with Haldir, our parents were close friends, which meant I spent about 30 years of my life training and learning along side him," I said pushing his arm from away from my neck, "as soon as you came along, my dear brother, Haldir was taken away and I was only left with you and the next ton of siblings."

"What's that supposed to mean?" he whined, I rolled my eyes.

"It means that no matter what, he is a friend and I love you and everyone else immensely," I laughed walking away. He may be an adult elf but he is still a child sometimes.