7

I suited up in my weapons and cloak, I picked up my staff and slotted it between my back and quiver. My cloak covered all my weapons so he wouldn't know what type of warrior I am. Who is 'he'? He is the elf who insulted me. And the one I ultimately hate.

"You sure you want to do this?" Gandalf asked as I walked outside and to the river side.

"I have a point to make," I replied stopping near the middle, Gandalf opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted before even a sound could leave his mouth.

"We all know you're going to loose, so please give in now, y/n," the voice came from behind me, I turned around with a hateful glare on my face.

"Legolas."

"y/n."

"Ok this is going to be clean, first one to fall and not be able to get up or first one to get into a position they won't escape with their life, looses," I tell him as we circle each other.

"I agree," he said as he unsheathed his sword. I didn't pull out a weapon yet because I didn't need it, not yet.

He lunged forwards and slashed his knife near my chest.

3rd Person PoV

Legolas started the duel with his knife, slashing and cutting at y/n's arms and chest, she caught the blade between the palms of her hands. The first time she caught the blade, Legolas hesitated in his stance which the h/c haired elf took advantage of and striked him in his legs.

Legolas was tripped and landed in the side of a tree, he bounced himself back up onto his feet and started swinging again, his fighting pattern started to become readable. So y/n started to adjust to his pattern, catching each blow until about twelve swings later, she managed to knock the knife from his hand, once it was gone, Legolas pulled out his bow and arrows.

Y/n threw off her cloak revealing everything she had learned to do combat in. Legolas' eyes widened in surprise before shooting an arrow, she caught the arrow and pulled her duel swords out from their place and swung it around in her left hand. They started circling each other.

"Interesting weapon choice," Legolas said, y/n just rolled her eyes in annoyance before lunging forward and swinging her duel sword. Legolas deflected her strikes with the upper limb of his bow. After realising she wasn't going to get anywhere far with her sword, she jumped on rocks in the river as she put her sword back. Once it was safely back in its place she pulled out her staff.

"Tul- forth i fuin in nin; im tur- feel ha os- i nen a in i trees. Im tur- smell ha in i gwilith. Tul- ha forth hi! (Bring forth the darkness in me; I can feel it around the water and in the trees. I can smell it in the air. Bring it forth now!)" y/n casted a spell that pinned Legolas into the back of the same tree from earlier.

Your PoV

Darkness. That's all I can see. I remember putting away my duel sword and pulling out my staff but after that I blacked. The darkness was like a toxic cloud surrounding me, threatening my life. I heard my voice muttering a spell, it on

"Tul- forth i fuin in nin; im tur- feel ha os- i nen a in i trees. Im tur- smell ha in i gwilith. Tul- ha forth hi!"

It only took me the first two words for me to realise that I was casting a dark spell. I was yelling at myself to stop, screaming and shouting but it only came out as a whisper. A whisper in my head.

"y-" A voice, a shallow distanced voice was barely heard. The light blinded me as a really loud, deep and shaky voice yelled my name, snapping me out of my dark state.

I blinked and saw Legolas pinned to the tree by a dark purple aura, Gandalf was near Legolas holding his staff up, getting ready for anymore dark spells. Lord Elrond was next to me, his hand rested on my raised up staff. All I could do was blink. Once. Twice. Three times and then I could move again.