(Togami) Money Can't Buy Happiness

Togami x Suicidal! Reader

Soon after high school, you had married the esteemed Byakuya Togami.  The life was not as glamorous as you thought it would be.  Sure, you had everything you wanted in life; but they were just things. You didn't care about them.  Byakuya was always gone on business trips.  It made living in a huge mansion so much worse when you were alone.  You were all alone.

Was there any meaning in life if you were living it alone?  For all I know, Byakuya has found a new partner.  I bet they would be young and beautiful.

I sat in our room, playing chess against myself.  I heard a knock on the door.  I felt a rush if energy flow through me. Was Byakuya home already?! I scrambled to the door and opened it.  It wasn't Byakuya. It was a servant with a plate of food. I sighed.  I had gotten my hopes up yet again.  I thanked the servant and grabbed the food tray. I continued the game of chess with myself.  I was so absorbed in the game, I didn't realize salty tears were making their way down my face.  I was crying.  I quickly wiped them away. Byakuya was working to make sure I had a life of leisure, but I couldn't help it that I felt so alone.

My chest hurt.  I was practically holding my breath so I wouldn't start crying.  My mind raced, dark thoughts planting their seeds in brain.  I couldn't stand it.  I grabbed the gun that I had hidden underneath the bed.  Byakuya didn't agree with me having it because I was safe enough without it, but I was at peace with having it with me.  I placed it in my mouth and pulled the trigger.  I let out a shaky breath. My mind stopped racing and my chest stopped hurting.  I didn't feel anything anymore.

"Mister Togami, you might want to look at this." Byakuya's assistant said, chasing after him.
"I'm busy." He said.
"It's really important!"
"What part of 'I'm busy' do you not understand, plebian?"
"It's about your husband/wife."
"Go on."
"He/she is dead."
Byakuya's eyes widened and his usual frown seemed to become a sad type of frown.  How could this happen?!  Their mansion was protected!
"What was the cause of death?"
"Suicide, sir."
Byakuya was shocked.  Y/N had always seemed so happy.  He never thought Y/N would be capable of suicide.
"Clear my schedule." He ordered and went home.
Y/N's dead body was still on the floor of the bedroom.  The bedroom that seemed so unfamiliar to him.  Everything in the house was unfamiliar.  Maybe he had spent too much time at work.  Y/N understood why though, right?  He had a reputation to uphold.
"Take care of the body and invite friends and family to a funeral." He ordered a servant.

The funeral was silent, mostly. All of Y/N's friends from high school were there. (Basically all the Danganronpa 1 characters)

"You were supposed to keep (him/her) safe, bitch." Mondo said.
Byakuya didn't utter a word.  He had nothing to say.
"Say something, bastard!" Leon said.
Mondo pulled Byakuya by his collar.
This turned into an all out war.  The girls and Chihiro quietly mourning their dead friend. The boy's beating Togami up. Except Naegi and Ishimaru who were trying to break up the fight.  It stopped the second everyone witnessed something that had never been seen before. Byakuya Togami was crying.  Wet tears poured down his face as he hiccuped between breaths.
"Don't you think I know this already?! (He/she) was my godamn (husband/wife), and (he/she) never heard the words 'I love you' come from me, (his/her) husband!"
Mondo let him go. Leon stopped yelling.  Toko rolled her eyes. She never cared much for Y/N.  Thought (he/she) got in the way between her and Byakuya.
Byakuya breathed unevenly.  He straightened his suit, wiped his eyes, and walked away.  He couldn't be seen crying, no matter how much he had loved Y/N.  The esteemed Byakuya Togami had a reputation to uphold.

Welp, that was kind of depressing. Leave a comment or request.