(Mahiru) Model

My legs were sore from being in such an awkward position for so long. How long was this going to take? My arms were starting to get stiff from all of this posing.

"We're almost done. I'm sorry this is taking so long." Said the cheerful voice that kept me here.

Mahiru Koizumi, her voice was sweet; and she had me wrapped around her finger. Of course, she didn't know it.

I was a model that worked for a popular teen fashion agency. The agency always hired Mahiru to take photos. I could understand why. I only got to see her photos when the magazines came out. Her photos were remarkably clear and had wonderful positioning.

In fact, her magazines were the only thing I liked about this agency. I hated modeling, but I loved spending time with Mahiru.

"Y/N, look at the camera. You're stearing off in space again." Mahiru said in a voice sweeter than honey.

"It's just because I'm distracted by you!" I said, sending a wink and a small smile her way.

Then, I heard the snap sound come from the camera. When Mahiru revealed her face from behind the camera, it was covered in a light red tint.

"We-We're done." She muttered.

"Done so soon?" I asked her, leaving my uncomfortable position.

I had stood behind her to whisper in her ear, "I thought I would at least get to take you out for coffee."

Her scent was breathtaking, like vanilla and blooming daffodils. Her face flushed as she nodded.

I grabbed her hand and started running. She laughed greatly while keeping a tight hold on her camera. Her smile was invigorating to me. After coffee I asked if she would like to come to my dorm to which she said yes. I opened the door that led to my pitch black dorm room. An uneasy look spread across her face as she gazed into the void.

"I swear I don't live like this," I said trying to defend myself, "I have film developing inside. Let me turn on a light."

I walked inside and turned on a small light on my desk, just enough light to see and not damage the processing film.

"Film?" Mahiru asked me.

"I never liked modeling. I always wanted to be a photographer. I inherited a very old camera not too long ago, so I decided to put some good use to it." I explained.

"Then why continue modeling?" She asked me.

"Because I get to see you every day." I said, twirling a piece of her hair between my fingertips.

I looked at the old camera on my desk. I picked it up and handed it to Mahiru.

"I've never been good at taking photos, so maybe you can put some use to it. I know it's old, but-"

"I love it, thank you!" She said.

A flash illuminated the room. It was the camera. She had taken a photo of me!

"I like seeing you smile." She said sweetly.

"You wanna know how you could make me smile all the time?"

"How?"

"If you wanted to go out with me"