(Ibuki) Battle of the Bands

This was requested anonymously: Ibuki x Fem! Reader

Y/N was okay with being part of a small circle of friends. She wasn't a big fan of large crowds, and she was content with receiving her daily dose of socialization from her girlfriend, Ibuki, and friend, Gundham. The reserved girl was dating the bubbly enthusiastic musician. 

"Y/N, look what Ibuki found!" Ibuki declared excitedly, waving a flyer.

"It's the battle of the bands." Y/N stated after reading said flyer.

"Where are you going with this, Ibuki?" Gundham grumbled.

"You guys can do it with Ibuki!" she proclaimed.

"I don't know, there's a lot of people there." Y/N mumbled.

"Is someone being shy?" Ibuki teased, poking Y/N's cheeks.

"I'm not shy; I just don't wanna embarass myself."

Ibuki huffed, but she knew Y/N would come around. She always did. That's how they got here. Y/N was choking on air as she warmed up her fingers by strumming her electric guitar. She was waiting backstage with Ibuki for the Battle of the Bands. Ibuki was also warming up. The plan was to perform a duet. Gundham was going to play, but he decided to drop out.

"Ibuki, I don't want to do this." Y/N said nervously, ceasing her strumming.

Ibuki put her guitar down.

"Don't worry. We'll do just fine!" she assured.

As they were introduced, they walked onstage and started to set up their mics. Y/N's heart raced, but she started the song with a strong strum of her guitar. Her anxiety melted away exponentially whenever her fingertips grazed the strings.

As the song came to a close, the two exited the stage, euphoric smiles on their faces.

"We did it!" Ibuki said excitedly.

"Yes, we did!" Y/N breathed, her lungs squeezing in her chest.

"You did great!" Ibuki said, bringing her into a warm embrace, occasionally kissing her head.

Y/N pressed her face into Ibuki's neck, taking in her warmth. At this point she didn't care about the Battle of the Bands; she cared about Ibuki.

Up Next: Mahiru x Male! Reader