Chapter 1

“You’re getting married.” My dad suddenly said out of the blue and for a moment,I thought they were referring to my sister until I looked up and saw all eyes on me.

“Who? Me??”I asked and in return I got an emotionless stare from the person who made that announcement.

“You have got to be kidding me.”

“Trust me when I say I’m not” he said in a tone that meant that was the end of the conversation but he knew by then that I wasn’t one to give up easily especially in a situation where I was supposed to be married.

“You can’t do that!” I said raising my voice and suddenly I looked at my mum in a pleading manner, “he can’t do that can he?”

"I’m sorry honey but the situation can’t be helped, you just have to get married.”

“So you’re just gonna marry me off to some total stranger someone I haven’t even met or I’m not in love with!?”

“Honey, you have to understand that this is what is best for you but you know we love you—”

“Damn right you do!” I shouted standing up with my chair dragging loudly behind me but I didn’t even care.

“Young lady will you behave yourself!?” my dad suddenly said with his loud authoritative voice but I wasn’t gonna give up so easily.

“I will do no such thing! What kind of family marries their daughter off to a total stranger just like that!? Do I not have a say in the matter? Or better still, don’t you guys even care about how I feel?” I said beginning to sound desperate. I couldn’t just get married just like that, for all I knew I could be the seventh wife of the person they were marrying me off to.

“No you don’t. You’re getting married and that’s final.” My dad said not even sparing me a second glance.

“You’re in on this too aren’t you? ” I said looking at my sister and the look she gave me confirmed my accusation.

“I can’t believe this,” I said in a defeated tone, “My own family is marrying me off to a total stranger. Shows how much I’m loved.” I said loudly hoping they noticed my sarcasm.

With that said, I turned around and walked up to my room.

“And where do you think you’re going to?” my dad suddenly asked

“I suddenly lost my appetite” I answered not sparing them a second look as I walked upstairs.

I couldn’t believe the fact that I was getting married to someone I knew nothing about,not even his first name or his age,nothing at all.  My situation was so pathetic and I hated that I couldn’t do anything about it.

I picked up my phone and messaged my best friend Cami,

We need to talk.

It wasn’t up to five minutes before she called,she knew me like that.

“Hey May, what’s up?” It was kind of our thing to call each other by our middle names and since my name is Kayla Marie Andrews and I hated the name Marie, she called me May, at least that was less cringe-worthy. Hers was Annabel Camilla Winters so I called her Cami.

“I’m getting married.” I said suddenly and then after like five seconds,I was almost deafened by her scream and I had to take my phone far away from my ears and listen to her scream for about a minute before she finally shut up.

“Oh my gosh! You crazy bitch—Why didn’t you tell me!?” she asked happily and I rolled my eyes at the irony of the situation.

“Because I just found out today.” I answered flatly and I could imagine her confused face which would’ve been funny if not for the situation I was in.

“Okay, I’m confused.” She said her excited tone long forgotten.

“My family just told me that I’m getting today, just this night.”

“To who?”

“I have no idea” I said and all of a sudden,I could feel my eyes getting wet with tears.

“Babe, are you crying?”she said with concern etched in her voice

“Not yet, I still haven’t digested the fact.”

“I’ll be in your place first thing tomorrow morning,please babe don’t cry okay.  I love you. Be strong.” She said softly.

"I’ll try my best.  Thanks babe. I love you too.”

I dropped my phone back on the dresser beside my bed and closed my eyes but my head was filled with various thoughts and the last thing that was on my mind before I slept was the fact that I was getting married to a stranger and to be honest, it scared me!

First chapter!! I hope you guys liked it. Don’t forget to vote and comment.

Thanks for reading and don't forget to click on the little star at the bottom of your screen and leave your comments(as positive as possible please)but constructive criticism is allowed.💋💋💋💋💋