Chapter 49

I felt like a new born baby.

My hair was refreshed and recently trimmed, my finger nails and toe nails fabulous with a shade of tomato red and my skin refreshed thanks to a day out with my best friend.

We had hit the spa to spoil ourselves courtesy of our husbands.

I let out a giggle at the change.

Once upon a time we were single girls with no serious plans for the future but now, we were married and one of us was going to be a mother soon.

“What’s funny?” Jason asked me with a raised eyebrow.

“Nothing.”

“So you’re just laughing to yourself for no specific reason?”

“Yes.”

He looked like he wanted to say something but decided against it and I gave him a smug smile.

“So what movie do you want to watch?” He asked me after a failed attempt of scrolling through the TV.

We were currently at home in the living room about to watch a movie.

Ever since I got back from the hospital, I had been restricted from doing any sort of work which was ironic because Cami was the pregnant one so to compensate me for staying at home for so long, Jason promised me a movie night.

Just the two of us.

I was in one of his T-shirts that just went below my butt and he was dressed in a pair of joggers and a white vest although I could tell he was uncomfortable with the way he kept shifting and I gave myself a proud high five for torturing him so much.

“The fault in our stars!” I screamed excitedly.

“Ugh—why?”

“Because it’s my birthday tomorrow and you’re supposed to do what I want.”

“Not until tomorrow sweetheart.” He mused.

“Whatever. I get to pick the movie and that’s what I want to watch.” I said with a childish pout.

“Alright fine.” He let out a defeated sigh as he played the movie.

I grabbed the popcorn from his lap and settled into his side before balancing it between my lap as we watched the movie.

As the movie came to an end, I let out a sniffle as I wiped the tears from my eyes.

“I don’t see why you’re crying considering the fact that you knew all the lines in the movie. How many times have you watched the movie?" He asked.

“I lost count.” I said with a sheepish smile.

“Ofcourse you did.” He replied.

“It’s still sad that Gus had to die.” I exclaimed.

“That’s what happens when cancer takes over the body.”

“I know but still.”

“I’m just glad Hazel didn’t die.” He said and I turned to look at him.

“What makes you think she didn’t die? She was bound to eventually. Even Gus already wrote her eulogy knowing she would die eventually.”

“But she didn’t in the movie so there’s that.”

“They probably didn’t show that because it was already too sad anyway but she eventually died.”

“No she didn’t.” He replied stubbornly.