Chapter 28

Hey Hey!

So I know I totally suck right now for taking so long but I've been having a serious case of writer's block and I had to write a chapter for about two weeks.

It was really frustrating but I was able to overcome it😁

Since you guys wanted so long, I decided to update two chapters at once.

I hope I'm forgiven😊

Enjoy!!

The atmosphere of my room when I woke up was gloomy and as soon as I opened my eyes, the memories of last night poured on me like a bucket of ice cold water and just like that my mood was down.

I stayed in bed for about an hour just doing nothing but staring off into space and suddenly I missed how it used to be.

Me waking up to meet Jason preparing breakfast which he sometimes allowed me to join him.

Cami calling just to say her usual nonsense all so she can hear my voice in the morning.

I missed them all but I didn't want to talk to any of them.

The sound of some voices interrupted my thoughts and as usual, curiosity got the best of me.

I got up and took a quick shower,not bothering to brush my hair, I packed it up in a messy bun and put on my blue tank top and shorts.

I followed the voices to the living room where I saw a woman carrying a baby and a little girl of about five years old talking to Jason.

They were all laughing at what the little girl was saying, no one noticing my presence until the little girl turned her head and smiled when she saw me.

I was taken aback by her eyes. They looked exactly like Jason's, in fact she looked like Jason and just the thought of her being Jason's daughter caused my chest to tighten.

His womanizing ways weren't a surprise anyway so it would only make sense if he got someone pregnant.

I turned to look at the woman carrying the baby, she was beautiful but she didn't have the color of her daughter's eyes, instead hers was midnight black just like the color of her hair. The baby seemed to be about five months old and that was about the same time I and Jason have been married for.

Maybe the baby was his.

A billion thoughts ran through my head but I was angered by Jason's guts to bring his concubine to where I was.

"Hey,I'm Kaylie. What's your name?" the little girl asked smiling up at me and I was quick to notice the gap in her teeth.

"Hey Kaylie, I'm Kayla." I said laughing at the way our names rhymed.

"Yay! Our names rhyme and you're pretty too. I like her Uncle Jay-Jay." She said smiling back at Jason and who I assumed to be her mother.

Uncle Jay-Jay?

"Pardon my daughter's manners,its so nice to meet you Kayla. I'm Lauren,his aunt and I've heard so much about you." she says and opens her arms to give me a hug which I gladly accept.

So I guess she's not his concubine after all. I let out a relieved sigh but also blushed at the thoughts that ran through my head with the space of one minute.

"It's nice to meet you too Lauren but–" I trailed off with a polite smile not knowing how to tell her that I didn't know who she was.

"You don't know me do you? It's fine. I knew Jason wouldn't care to tell you anyway." She said with a kind laugh which made me relax. I already loved her.