Chapter 23

Important Author's Note at the end. Please read!!

I woke up to a pair of strong arms wrapped around me and as I snuggled closer, I felt an object poking my side but I didn’t want to get up just yet so I ignored it but it continued so I decided to adjust myself and move the object at the same time which only resulted in a low groan from the person beside me.

I let out a frustrated groan as I used my hand to move the object and as soon as I held it, the realization of what I was holding plus the groan that he let out caused me to widen my eyes in shock as I jumped back which caused me to once again fall on my butt.

This was a major case of Déjà vu.

A light laughter caused me to raise my head with a scowl on my face as I glared at him.

“You know I’m beginning to think you’re married to the floor and not me.”

“Shut up.”

“No really, why do you keep falling?” He asked in an attempt to keep a straight face but he failed woefully.

“It’s all your fault.”

“How? You’re the one who grabbed my friend.” He said with a smug smile.

“Well your little friend was disturbing me.” I said and the way his smile dropped from his face caused me to burst out laughing until he interrupted me.

“Trust me Hazel, he’s far from little.” He said with a smirk and I felt my face get redder. I definitely looked like a tomato.

“Now do you need help down there or are you good?” He asked saving me from embarrassing myself further.

“I’m good.” I huffed as I got up to walk out of his room.

“Where are you going?” He asked in a confused tone.

“To get breakfast duh.” I said without turning back.

“Well I thought we were gonna talk.” He said in a low voice and as soon as I realized the meaning behind his words, I turned back in a flash.

The look in his eyes made me reconsider what he was about to do.

“You know you don’t have to.” I told him softly.

It wasn’t like I didn’t want to know. My clueless state was killing me but I didn’t want him to feel like he owed it to me and I saw how much it was killing him so I was ready to tell him to forget about it when he spoke up.

“It’s fine. I want to. I need to.”

“Alright then. I’m ready when you are.” I said and sat in front of him on the bed.

The silence felt like hours before he finally spoke up.

“I had a twin. Her name was Jamie and she was my best friend in the whole world. We weren’t really identical except for our hair and eye color. She was way smarter than me and was the only one who stood up to me and my bullshit before you came along of course.” He paused which caused me to give him a small smile.

“Jamie and I did absolutely everything together right from when we were little kids and even when Emma was born, we hardly included her in anything we did which I know was wrong but that’s just how we were.

Then Brandon came along in First grade and we became the three musketeers until Brandon started having feelings for her and it just became awkward. At first I had a problem with it but when I saw how much he adored her, I became cool but he was too much of a coward to tell her about how he felt so he sat by the sidewalk and kept watching like a lost puppy while Jamie dated different guys. When he was finally man enough to tell her, it was too late.”