Chapter 45

I opened my eyes to see a figure sitting in front of me with a distant look on his face.

I tried raising my head but the effort was useless because it felt like there was a truck on top of my head.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” He said shaking his head at me.

“What did you do to me?” I groaned lowly not even having the strength to talk.

“Nothing much. Just injected a bit of antidepressants into your system to make you weak since you had so much strength to run around like a stray cat but apparently it was too much because you’ve been asleep for two days and I was beginning to wonder if you’d wake up.”

“What is your problem? Are you trying to get me killed?” I screamed at him, or at least I think I did.

I couldn’t tell.

“Of course not cupcake. I would never do that?” He said slowly with a sinister smile on his face as he trailed his hands along my cheeks but I didn’t have the strength to brush it off.

“What happened to you? You were never like this.” I said in a defeated tone.

He seemed to have a conflicted look on his face before the distant look took over.

“My world crashed when my mum died. She was all I had and I lost her, all because of you!” He seethed the last part with venom in his voice.

“All I wanted to do was help you. I didn’t kill her, I helped her and you too because I cared about the both of you.”

“Well your help didn’t go far because she’s dead!” He spat.

“That’s not my fault Tony and you know it.”

“I didn’t ask for your help but you gave it anyway which caused everyone to see me as a gold-digger. I left because I couldn’t bear the shame but it eventually became worse because I had nothing.

Her death messed with my head and soon they were calling me crazy. After one year on the street and another in a mental institution, I’d finally had enough. I made them believe I was okay and I was until I saw you were happily married.

I mean how dare you? I was miserable and you were living your life with no care in the world. I was mad and I knew I had to get back at you.” He said and looked away again.

“I came back and stalked you. Soon I found out your relationship was fake and that was the perfect way to start my plan. I came back as the perfect companion after your unending fight with your husband and Brittany was the perfect way to start the many fights you had.”

My eyes snapped to his direction.

“What do you mean?”

“I put her up to it. I made her fake sleeping with your husband so you’d think he was cheating with you.

Actually, what bound us together was out similar interests. She wanted him and I wanted you, it was pretty simple but she couldn’t even do that right because you eventually found out it was fake.” He said rolling his eyes.

“So I had to follow you to Hawaii, you were pretty boring just doing nothing for a whole week but when he came along, I knew things were going to get interesting but your husband just had to get into the accident when he got the pictures from yours truly.” He said with a sick smile.

“You’re sick.”

“I’ve been told.” He said waving me off.

“Well after waiting for too long, I knew I had to finally act but you were never alone. Either with your brother or Cami or in the hospital so when you went to the garage, it wasn’t planned but apparently the plan was successful so here we are.”