Chapter 27

This chapter is dedicated to my baby tahsiarae. Thanks for always supporting and reading and pushing me to update😂.

The way the beat of the music was sounding throughout my body and the way the various sweaty bodies kept bumping into should have been enough reason for me to turn back and leave but I also knew that if I went back home-

Home?

That wasn't home anymore. It was just Jason's house.

I knew that if I went back there, I would go crazy so at that moment, I needed an outlet and I was getting it from here.

I successfully made my way from the stuffy environment to the bar where a very cute guy was behind.

"Hey beautiful, what can I get you?" He asked with a bright smile.

"Anything strong." I said with a careless shrug as I turned to look down at my phone.

I suddenly realized I was pissed at anybody that would try to call me so I just switched it off.

"Bad night huh?" He asked as he turned to mix whatever he was mixing.

I had absolutely no idea of what he was doing because I never drank and anytime I did, it was always with Cami and she ordered every time.

"Yeah." I said in a concluding tone. I wasn't even in the mood of starting a conversation.

He finally pushed whatever was in the cup and I gulped it all at once as I felt the burning from my throat to my stomach.

"Another one." I told him with a straight face.

"Kayla?" A voice called from behind me and I recognized it immediately. I always did no matter how hard I tried not to.

I turned to look and him.

I couldn't be hallucinating already could I? I hadn't even finished digesting my first shot.

"It really is you." He continued even after I just stared at him.

Yep. He was definitely real.

"Hello Tony." I said with a tight smile.

"What are you doing here?" He said sitting right next to me.

Great! Just when I wasn't in the mood of having a conversation.

"What do people do in clubs?" I replied rolling my eyes.

"Woah! Calm down, I'm just trying to be friendly." He said raising his hands in surrender.

"I don't need you to be fr-I'm sorry." I said with a tired sigh.

"You okay?" He asked with an expression full of concern.

"I think I'm fine." I said downing another glass.

"You wanna talk about it?" He asked as he signaled the bartender to bring me another shot.

"No thanks. I'll pass." I said as I grabbed another glass and downed it.

I stopped for a while because I was already feeling a little tipsy and I didn't plan on getting drunk.

"So what brings you back to our town?" I asked him as I tried to stir the conversation away from me.

"I work here now ." He stated proudly and I just stared at him to elaborate.

"I got a job offer so I moved back here. I'm not going anywhere for a while." He said as he stared at me intently like it was supposed to pass a message.