Chapter 31

I couldn't shake off the bad feeling that something bad was about to happen and as I took my bath, I silently prayed that nothing happened because I couldn't handle another bad experience.

I would definitely lose it.

I got into my work clothes and just let my hair fall down my back in its naturally curly state because I wasn't even in the mood to style it.

I walked downstairs and heard the sound of cutleries in the kitchen so I made my way over there.

If I was going to talk to Jason then it was now or never.

I got to the kitchen to meet my best friend downing a bowl of bacon and eggs.

"You're up early." I said and moved to sit beside her.

"I was hungry." She said said with a full mouth which caused some of the food in her mouth to fall out.

"Manners woman!" I said with a disapproving stare and she just flipped me off.

"Who made all of these because I know it can never be you even in years to come." I said referring to the food on the table.

"Screw you bitch!" She said and I couldn't help the fit of laughter that escaped from my mouth.

"Someone is a nasty pregnant woman." I said laughing

"I hate you." She said with a scowl and continued eating.

"I love you too my love." I said with a smile and moved to give her a hug.

"Stay away you creep." She said with a straight face but she couldn't hold it for long and soon we were both laughing.

"Jason made it and it's so good. You're lucky you're married to someone that has amazing cooking skills."

"Hey! Dray's a good cook too." I said and suddenly her smile dropped.

"I'm sorry babe."

"No it's fine." She said with her award-winning fake smile.

"It isn't. He'll come around, I promise. He's just being a coward." I said with a small smile.

"Yeah." She drawled

"Where's he?" I asked changing the topic.

"Who?"

"Jason."

"Oh, he left for work already." She said and continued her meal.

"Oh—"

"He said he wasn't sure you would want to see him so he left before you came downstairs.

Look May, I know you're mad at him and all but he loves you like crazy,we spoke yesterday and of you can just listen to him—"

"But—"

"Shut up and listen to me. I know he hurt you and all but at least he had a good reason." She said and I gave her a questioning stare.

"I'm serious. He had a good reason."

"You sound just like my mum right now." I said rolling my eyes at her.

"Well that's good because we all know your mum is a smart woman."

"But you're not." I said with an evil smile and once again she flipped me off which just caused me to laugh.

"But really, you have to talk to him. At least hear what he has to say first before you decide not to talk to your husband for the rest of your life which is very stupid by the way." She said with an eye roll.