Chapter 12

Turns out I had no choice but to marry Jason.

When I asked my dad why, he just kept saying it was for the best and all that but so far, everyone had been acting weird around me especially Drayton.

He and my father were weirdly getting along and it was like he was suddenly looking at my dad from another view which made him treat him nicer.

They all kept acting like nothing was up but I could tell there was something wrong and nobody wanted to tell me.

My wedding was tomorrow and for the past month and a half, I had been successful in just doing my dress fitting.

I made it clear to both parents that I could be forced to get married but they definitely couldn’t force me to plan a wedding I didn’t want and I kinda hope they would get angry and call the wedding off but no! That only fueled them to do more especially the mothers who were having the time of their lives planning my death if I must add.

And for the devil I was getting married to, I hadn’t seen him in a while. Not that I was complaining or anything but it would help to know that he was still in the country so I won’t be embarrassed at the altar.

The paparazzi was another crazy experience for me. I had suddenly become a person of interest overnight as they followed me everywhere I went and I was no longer able to wear my sweats and hoodie again except I wanted to be on the cover of the papers the next morning with a headline like, ‘FUTURE MRS ANDERSON WITH A BAD HAIR DAY AFTER A ONE NIGHT STAND?’ and I wasn’t even kidding.

They had done something like that to a celebrity who dressed like that one time and all the poor lady wanted to do was to be dressed in comfortable clothes for once in her life.

I tried my best to stay away from the paps because I knew from experience what they were capable of doing but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t evade them because God forbid you being the wife of Mr. Anderson and not being known by the whole world.

************************************

It was finally time for me to get married and at that moment, I knew my life was about to end.

The makeup artist had done an amazing job on my face and even my gown couldn’t look more beautiful and I couldn’t bring myself to be happy even the tiniest bit.

Everyone had gone outside and I was left alone in the room.

The wedding was taking place in Jason’s parent’s church and the reception was at the Beverly Hills hotel, one of the biggest hotels in around and I didn’t expect less since they were against my idea of having a quiet wedding.

I was interrupted by a soft knock on my door and when I looked up, I was met with the face of my brother.

“Hey there bunny.” He said with a smile that I was sure made girls melt at his feet. 

He was dressed in a navy blue suit and a black tie with his hair gelled backwards which made his black eyes pop out.

“Hi Dray.” I answered in a low tone and didn’t bother smiling because he knew me too well.

“So on a scale of one to ten, how sad are you right now?”

“Fifty two.” I answered honestly and I could feel my eyes well up with tears. 

I had been holding them for too long and I knew I was reaching my breaking point.

“That’s a high number little sis.”

“Trust me when I say I was aiming higher.” I said with a small sigh, “I just need someone to tell me I’m not making the biggest mistake of my life and maybe, just maybe I’ll feel a little better.”