Chapter 38

I opened the door to meet face to face with James.

Not that I thought about it, I didn’t even know his last name and he knew both my first name and last names.

“Hello Kayla, you look beautiful.” He said with a charming smile.

“Well I tried not to outdo myself since you didn’t exactly say where we were going and you said to be comfortable and this is the best I could do to be comfortable and formal but thank you. You look nice too.” I said admiring his black pants and suit with the blue shirt complimenting his eyes perfectly.

His blonde hair was styled backwards which mad his jaw seem sharper, his stubble giving him the rugged but handsome look.

Nice was too mild. He looked freaking hot!

A sudden guilt came over me but I was quick to push it away.

Not tonight.

“You don’t ever give one word answers do you?” He asked with an amused smile which caused me to blush at the fact that I just gave an unnecessary rant.

“Not exactly. My job didn’t exactly give room for that so we just have to be prepared.”

Bullshit!

I was nervous as hell! Don’t ask why.

“Well I guess we have a lot of time to hear about your job so shall we?” He asked stretching his hands forward and for a moment, I heard Cami’s voice in my head but I was quick to push it back.

“Sure.” I said and moved out to lock my door and place the key in my purse before I placed my hands in his.

“So how many weeks do you have left to spend here?” He asked as we walked into the elevator together.

“Just one. I promised my best friend I would be back by then and if I try to break it, there’s a one hundred and fifty percent chance she’ll fly here to kick my ass.” I said and he let out a light laugh.

“And is there a reason for that?” He asked with an interested gaze.

“Well she’s pregnant and let’s just say she’s being extra clingy.”

“To you? Isn’t there a man in the picture?”

“There is actually and that man happens to be my brother.” I said and didn’t miss the look of surprise on his face.

“Oh wow!”

“Yeah I know, my life is like a movie.” I said with a smile.

“Isn’t that weird or something?”

“Well at first it was but I got used to it considering the fact that I live with them?” I said with a shrug.

“Why is that? I thought you’re married?” He said with a look that told me I wasn’t really justifying my husband very well.

I was about to reply when the elevator door dinged and our conversation was cut short as we moved out.

I couldn’t help but notice the way every staff greeted us as we walked and I suddenly wondered if they knew who I was but I decided to keep quiet. I wasn’t sure he knew who I was either.

We soon arrived at the in-house restaurant and I expected us to pick a table but I was surprised when he led me towards the kitchen door and we walked until we came across a door that he opened.

I was still trying to fight him on the fact that we entered the kitchen which we probably weren’t even supposed to be in when the view instantly shut my mouth.