Chapter 34

The day of my dad’s funeral started with a nightmare that had me crying until Jason woke me up.

I snapped my eyes open and the realization hit me again which caused me to cry harder.

************************************

I wore one of my black gowns with my black heel and packed my hair in a high bun to get the hair out of my face. I didn’t use the mascara and eyeliner because I knew I was going to be doing a lot of crying today so I just applied a little lip gloss, grabbed my pursue that contained my phone and walked out of my room.

Jason was talking on his phone when I got to him oblivious to my presence so decided to check him out.

He was wearing a black suit and trousers, a white shirt and a black tie paired with a pair of black shoes that looked like they were just seeing the light of day for the first time ever.

He was talking furiously and from what I heard, a certain staff had lost an important contract but as soon as he turned and saw me, he smiled  and my heart melted at the cute dimpled smile that I’d come to love.

“Get off my phone, I’ll deal with you tomorrow but know that this will cost you a lot.” He said in a threatening voice which only made him look hotter.

“Hey baby.” He said as he walked up to me to place a kiss on my forehead.

“Is everything okay?” I asked as I looked up at him.

“No but that’s not a discussion for today.” He said and I smiled at him.

“Well I think you look hot when you’re angry.” I said with a suggestive smile.

“Do you now?” He asked as he placed his hands on my sides.

“Hmm.” I said and he immediately started to tickle me.

“Jason—please—stop.” I said in between my laughter and tried to wriggle out of his grip but it only seemed to tighten it.

“Sorry babe, I can’t really understand you.” He said with an amused smile.

“Jason!” I screamed but he didn’t back down.

An idea came to my head immediately.

“Let me go or I won’t let you kiss me again.” I said quickly and he stopped immediately.

“Come on babe. You know that’s not fair.” He said with a childish pout.

“You almost made me pee in my pants.” I said and walked away from his reach.

“But you didn’t and you're not wearing pants.” He tried to say in a serious tone but his face betrayed him and soon he was laughing.

He moved closer to me but I was quick to put my hands in front of me.

“Don’t come closer. We’re going to be late.” I said and turned to walk towards the door.

“Can I at least hold you?” He asked from behind me.

“Nope.” I said popping the 'p'.

I walked towards the car where Danny was holding the door open for me and I thanked him with a smile.

As we neared the church, my mood suddenly became gloomy again and I guess Jason noticed because he was quick to put his arms around me and this time around, I didn’t pull away as I settled in his embrace.

We got to the church just as the service was about to start and after greeting every family member that I hadn’t seen in a while, we settled down.