Chapter 35

One week.

That was the duration of time I was in the room, not saying a word to anybody and barely eating.

My mum came several times but I refused to see her,I didn't want to speak to anyone or see anyone.

And my clothes?

Oh yeah! I was still in my black dress. I'd ditched the heels anyway. They were too uncomfortable to be in anyway.

I switched off my phone and shut myself out of the outside world.

I knew everyone was bothered, I was bothered too but I couldn't do anything about it.

A knock on my door interrupted my train of thoughts and I turned to see my best friend enter with a tray of food. I took my time to look at her and noticed the slight bump in her stomach but it was only visible because she was wearing a fitted top.

Her hair was packed in a high ponytail and she was putting on a pair of white shorts.

"May I brought breakfast." She said as she dropped it on the side table and I just stared at her.

"Please say something. It's been a week and you haven't said a word to anybody. I'm worried." She begged me and soon enough she started crying. I wasn't sure if it was the hormones or something.

"I know you're hurting but please talk to me. I'm growing crazy with your silence and I also miss my best friend. I'm sorry Jason hurt you but please don't hurt yourself more than you already have. Please May." She said still crying and before long I joined her.

We suddenly became a crying mess and for a minute I wondered where my tears came from. I was pretty sure I was empty but apparently, I wasn't.

I don't know how long we cried for but when we finally stopped, she smiled at me.

"You remember the last time we cried together like this?" She asked me and for the first time in a week, I smiled and spoke.

"Yeah, your mum came in and thought something bad had happened but almost killed us when she found out it was for The fault on our stars." I said and we both laughed before she wrapped me in a tight hug.

"I've missed you so much." She said squeezing me.

"I've missed you too."

"No offense but you stink. Like a lot." She said scrunching her nose in disgust.

"Shut up Cami." I said rolling my eyes at her.

"Whatever. You're taking a shower after eating everything here. I put in so much effort on this."

"And you're sure it isn't poisoned?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"You know what? On second thoughts, shut up and never speak again." She said with a fake scowl which caused me to laugh.

"I'm just joking. I'll make sure I enjoy it." I said and downed the whole meal quickly.

I guess I was that hungry.

"You know Dray has been crazy worried about you. He barely eats and he calls me every hour to know how you are. He'll be so pleased to know you're okay."

"I'm glad. Now I need to take a shower." I said and got up before it finally hit me.

"Um-can you help me get my clothes from his place?" I asked her not wanting to mention his name.

"Sure, I'll go tomorrow but till then I'll get you some of my clothes to wear for now."

"Thanks babe." I said and turned to finally rid myself of my black gown.