Chapter 26

"No! I don't snore." I screamed back at him.

We were binge watching movies but we got bored of this one and started arguing about irrelevant things. I don't think either of us remembered the name of the movie.

"Come on Hazel, for someone who sleeps by your side every night, I would know." He said with a smug smile that I so badly wanted to slap off his face.

"Well you probably need some kind of hearing aid because you don't hear too well."

"My ears are perfect, your mouth is always slightly opened and your labour soft snores, sometimes you even drool but you smile like you're having a good dream." He said trying so hard to stop his laughter.

"Should I be freaked out that you stare at me while I'm sleeping? Are you like a stalker or something?" I asked while trying so hard to hide my blush.

"Like I said, you snore and it wakes me up in the middle of the night so that's why I know so much." He said with a smug smile and even though I knew he was lying, I dropped it.

"Well since you won't shut up anytime soon," I said getting up, "I'll leave you to go get dressed."

"Oh come on, it's not that la–well shit! It's later than I thought." He said looking at the clock.

"Yeah, our binge watching made time pass so fast but I don't want to be late for dinner."

"You're excited aren't you?"

"Of course. I haven't seen my dad in like forever and my mum too. I've missed them." I said excitedly.

We were going to my parent's house for Thanksgiving dinner. My mum liked cooking every year and since Jason's parents were out of the country, he spent it with us while Emma was in France with one of her cousins.

I hadn't seen them since our wedding and for some reason, I felt like they were doing it on purpose. It was like they were hiding something from me and I really wanted to know what it was.

I walked with a spring in my steps to my room.

Jason and I were better than ever. If anyone had told me we would be like this, I would have laughed my ass out but here we are five months later.

His nightmares weren't as bad as before but it just became sort of our routine to sleep together. It was usually so hard for me to sleep when he travelled so o always made sure we talked till I fell asleep when he wasn't around.

I opened my door and was met with a beautiful red lace knee length gown. It had stones around the chest area and the waist downward was made of silk.

There was a note on it and when I picked it up, it read,

I got this for you, I hope you like it.

I didn't know that I was smiling so hard till I get in the bathroom and looked at the mirror.

Jason was definitely something.

I spent longer than I expected in the shower and curling my hair took a whole hour, I think a haircut was due.

I finally made it downstairs and met Jason in the living room with his suit beside him. He looked like he just rolled out of a GQ magazine.

He raised his head when he finally noticed me and let out a sigh of relief.

"I was beginning to think you weren't coming out."

"I'm sorry, my hair took longer than I expected."

"Hmm–you look very beautiful." He complimented and I couldn't help the blush.

"Thanks for the dress and the compliment. I love it."