Chapter 46

The cover at the top was made by Woolgatherer-girl

Thank you so much for the amazing cover.

Jason’s POV

I was getting impatient because of how long the doctor had been with her inside the ER.

Brandon had finally had enough of my pacing about ten minutes and after forcing me to sit, I was impatiently tapping my leg and I could tell how much it was pissing him off.

The doctor who looked to be in his late fifties or so with some strands of grey hair on his head finally came out and I jumped up in a flash to meet him.

“Mr Anderson?” He asked looking at me and I just nodded.

“How’s my wife?”

“Well she’s lucky.” He said with a small smile.

“What do you mean?” I asked getting impatient with the man.

“The amount of anti depressants in her system could have killed her and from what I saw, she hasn't had a proper meal in a long time so it’s a miracle that she could stay strong and be alive for this long. Luckily we were able to flush out the drugs in her system and clean her up so now she’s stable.” He said looking around.

“Can we see her?” I asked him with hopeful eyes.

“Unfortunately you can’t sir. She needs enough rest so I’ll need her to sleep for at least five hours before you can go in because I know if I let you in now, you might wake her up.”

“Okay then.” I said with a defeated sigh.

“Where’s my daughter? Where is she?!” I heard a voice say from behind me and turned to see her mother.

“Calm down mum. The doctor said she’s fine and she just needs rest.” Dray said wrapping his arms around her.

“Why didn’t you all tell me?” She said sobbing into his shoulders.

“Because of what’s happening right now. I didn’t want you to worry mum but she’s fine now so I need you to calm down so you don’t hurt yourself.” He said rubbing her back, an act that he was used to doing with Bella.

“I know but I’m just so scared for my little baby. I can’t believe that crazy Tony would do that.” She said suddenly getting angry.

“He’s a crazy man and I’ll make sure he doesn’t go scot free, I promise you Kate.” I said and moved to hug her.

“Jason honey, how are you feeling?” She asked referring to my accident and I cringed at the memory of it.

“I’m fine now. All I need is for her to be alright.”

“My baby is strong, I know she’ll be fine.” She said with a warm smile.

“And yet you were crying so hard.” Dray said with a playful eye roll which caused her to smack him and the rest of us to laugh.

“There’s really nothing we can do since we can’t see her yet so you all should probably go home and rest.” I told them.

“How about you? You haven’t had a proper rest in two weeks.” Brandon said with a weary look.

“And I probably won’t until she’s okay so it’s fine. I’ll just ask for a room or something or I can just lie here.” I said referring the the chair that looked a bit comfortable.

They all nodded and decided to leave.

“I’m only leaving because I have to see Bella but call me as soon as she wakes up and I’ll be back here.” Dray said and gave me a short hug.