Chapter 3

The ride to our destination was filled with an uncomfortable silence. I refused to say a word to anyone and even when my mum gushed about how beautiful I looked and how I was going to blow whoever I was going to meet away, I just muttered a ‘thank you’ and rolled my eyes about the blowing away statement of me blowing anyone away. The fact that they refused to tell me who the person was pissed me off, I mean I deserved to know who I was getting married to against my wish so I won’t have the shock of my mind when I eventually meet him.

I got interrupted from my internal debate with myself by my dad’s voice telling me that we’ve arrived at our destination and when I turned to look outside my window, my mouth dropped to the ground.

Saying the house was huge was a big understatement. It was humongous and possibly the biggest house in the whole town. I finally snapped out of my reverie and walked out of the car.

I barely even noticed when the chauffeur came and collected my dad’s car keys to take the car to wherever.

The house was so shiny and as tall as the white house, well I assumed it was since I had never been to the white house before but let’s just assume it was. It had four huge pillars and about ten staircases that lead up to the entrance which had a huge door with golden handles and golden linings at the edges of the door. 

I was still staring at the exterior of he house when the door suddenly opened and I met face-to-face with a lady around her sixties,she had grey hair and a lovely smile and I loved her immediately.

“Hello, you must be the Andrews,I’m Helen and the Andersons have been expecting you.”she said with a broad smile.

“Thank you very much Helen, its nice to meet you.” My mum said walking inside with my dad acknowledging her with a slight nod of his head and my sister smiled at her.  When I got to her front,I whispered silently to her,

“Hi Helen, I’m Kayla.” I said with a smile

“And you must be Jason’s wife-to-be, you’re very beautiful.” She said with a sincere smile

Jason? 

Well that must be his name. At least now I had a little clue about who he was.

“Thank you so much Helen,I guess we’ll be seeing more of each other from now on. “

“Of course darling.” She said and I hugged her immediately not knowing what came over me. 

I heard her laugh before she hugged me back. 

It felt nice to know someone and I silently prayed that they all liked me, well the had no choice since I was marrying their son, and let me add, against my will, just in case everyone had forgotten.

I pulled away when I heard laughter from inside and I took that as my cue to leave.

“See you later Helen.”

“Have fun darling.” She said, “Oh, and Kayla?” she suddenly said stopping me in my tracks which made me turn back to look at her.

“Jason’s not so horrible,you might not believe me when I say this but he actually has a heart and I hope you’ll be the one to show everyone that he does.” She said with a sad smile and turned away which left me speechless.

I turned and walked away with Helen’s words lingering on my mind and I silently hoped my parents were not selling me off the  the devil himself.

After so many searches, I finally followed the voices I heard and I found myself in a huge room which was supposed to be the sitting room and before I had the time to study it, I was introduced by my father to two people that looked so familiar but I was having a little problem placing their faces to where I knew them from.