Chapter 8

I was reviewing one of the write-ups we got daily from those who were talented in the aspects of writing books which consisted of boring, interesting, confusing and sometimes intriguing stories.

Some annoyed me,some made me cry while some made me laugh but the best part of my job is reading the stories that makes you feel like you know what the writer is going through,some people tell their stories through their books and as interesting as it all is, I'm only allowed to approve one book out of the hundreds I get for each month.

Sometimes if I see a story that has potential but hasn't been well told, I could contact the person and we could help improve the story but even that had its own limit too.

I was deep into reading a book about a girl who was abandoned by her entire family at the age of 17 and after going through so many hardships and scaling through it, she was finally about to get her reward but now her family is back and apparently they have a plan that can be good for her.

I felt like this person was telling her story because the writer was obviously a girl,part of me wanted to reach out to the girl and talk to her but that was against work ethics and it could get me fired which would be bad because I was so close to getting promoted to head of my department which was a big deal for me.

I was suddenly interrupted by the beeping of my phone which alerted me that I had a message.

I looked at my screen and saw that it was a message from Cami.

Cami: Dinner tonight?

Me: Sure. What time?

Cami: 7. I'll pick you up

I didn't have a car yet. Yes! I was the daughter of one of the richest men in the country and I didn't have a car. I decided not to take my dad's money and I was about moving out when I got the news of my marriage so there really was no point again.

I planned on making a name for myself and making it on my own. I needed to prove to the world that I could do it.

Me: Okay thanks b! Burkley's right?

Cami: Yup

Me: Cami, what's wrong?

Cami: We'll find out over dinner😉

I dropped my phone and wondered what could be wrong. Burkley's was like our own safe haven. We went there when we were down, happy, sad, angry or any emotion at all.

It was like our personal therapy and we started going there when we were in College during the holidays and so it sort of became our place.

Cami saying we should meet up only meant something was up and I only hoped it wasn't that bad.

Around 6:45 I was done with the day so I packed up and waited for Cami to arrive.

To while away time, I spoke to Ted who kept telling about how much he was 'suffering' in the hands of his pregnant wife who had weird cravings.

My phone beeped alerting me that Cami was outside so saying a quick goodbye to Ted, I rushed outside to get onto the car with Cami.

The last time I made her wait with her car, she used the car horn to play different tunes and she defended herself saying she was making music.

Let's just say my boss wasn't happy that a certain lady was making a scene in front of his office.

I expected a crazy hug or something from my best friend but instead she just murmured a small hello to me and drove off and I had a feeling if I had let her stay outside longer, she wouldn't have made a scene.