Chapter 5

The drive home was silent and even though my parents tried to make small talks with me, I quickly shut them up by giving them one word answers until they finally got the hint that I wasn't in the mood to talk to them. When we finally arrived at the front of our house, I was about to get out since no one seemed to want to do otherwise when my dad asked,

"So Kayla, how do you like Jason?"

"Oh, they just look so cute together. They're like a match made in heaven." My mum gushed which made me roll my eyes because they didn't even know the half of it.

"I think the wedding is going to be the best but the engagement is going to be sometime around next month since we're gonna be having people from outside the country-" My dad kept saying and that was when I finally lost it.

"Are you guys fucking kidding me right now!?" I swore in front of my parents but I could care less.

"Mind your language young lady!" my mum reprimanded me.

"Just stop it okay? Stop!" I said and got out of the car angrily.

"We're talking to you Kayla! You have no right to walk out on us!" My dad shouted after me and I let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Well do you expect a fucking award from me because you're the best parents in the world? Sorry to burst your bubble but you won't be getting that from me."

"Language Kayla!" My dad said his face already flushed with anger but I wasn't done yet.

"You know what dad? You need to drop this façade."

"What are you talking about?" he asked looking at me with a confused face

"I heard you guys! I heard you talking with his dad and I know the only reason I'm getting married is for the purpose of your business,you're making me get married to Jason who for the record fucking hates my guts more than I hate his but apparently you could care less because you're choosing your business over your own daughter's happiness. Thank you so much! It nice to know how much you all love me." I said the final sentence with my voice dripping with sarcasm.

"We're only doing what's best for you."

"By getting me married!?"

"Well you are the only daughter we had left."

"What the hell happened to Ella? She's not dead is she?" I said pointing to my sister who was sitting in the car with a guilty look on her face.

"Well honey, she's engaged." My mum said softly

"Oh really? I never knew." I answered sarcastically, "and what exactly am I?"

"Well you've never dated anyone since you and Tony ended it a long time ago." My mum said with a guilty look because she knew how low she had gone.

Everyone knew that that was still a sore subject for me and she just threw it at my face just like that.

"Low blow mum, even from you and I wonder whose fault that is anyway." I eyed them both and angrily walked into the house and up to my room.

I angrily got out of the beautiful but stupid dress (since I was so angry) and got into my oversized t-shirt and shorts which I loved so much.

I finally plopped down on my bed and then remembered what my dad said about the engagement being next month and then I realized that this month had just a week left for it to run out.

Great!

Just great!

My phone rang snapping me out of my thoughts and I didn't even bother looking at the screen.