Chapter 41

Just in case you missed it, 

Kindly go back and read the previous chapter titled, 'NOT AN UPDATE'

It's very important for the continuation of this book.

If you ignore me and read anyway, its your loss🤷

Plus, I'm watching you 😈😈

Thank you.

Now enjoy!

“Who the hell are you?!” He barked again and this time around I actually shook with fear.

I opened my mouth to speak but then I heard another voice.

“I’m James Meyers. A friend of Kayla.” He said with the same smug smile he gave my brother.

I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding.

He hadn’t acknowledged my presence but at least he didn’t say he forgot me.

Jason glared at James for a while until Mirabel finally snapped him out of it meanwhile James was sporting an amused smile and was also standing extra close.

I had a feeling he was intentionally trying to piss Jason off and I would have laughed at the situation but I was still nervous.

“I’m glad you finally took the well needed shower which actually came in handy. Imagine he woke up and met the smelly version of yourself.” Mirabel said now standing right in front of me.

“Considering the fact that you chased me out, I didn’t really have a choice did I?” I said shaking my head.

“Don’t blame me. I didn’t want you contaminating my remaining patients.” She said with a small laugh and walked away before I could reply.

“We’ll just leave you guys alone now.” I heard Olivia say which caused all of them to walk out.

“I’ll be right outside if you need me.” James said from beside me and squeezed my shoulder which caused me to give him a grateful smile as he walked out.

I stood awkwardly at the door for long time, just looking at anywhere but him.

“Excuse me weird lady but do I know you?” I heard him say and my eyes widened as I snapped it towards his direction.

“Excuse me?”

“No, excuse me. I asked if I know you because you’ve been standing there for a really long time and you haven’t said a word.”

“I’m—” I started but he was quick to interrupt me.

“You do look like someone I know but she’s usually not quiet and weird like you are.”

“I’m not weird.” I snapped back.

“Ahhh! There’s the Hazel I know.” He said with the cute dimpled smile I had come to love, “come here.” He said with a demanding voice and I would have spoken back at him for being so rude but my legs had a mind of their own as they moved slowly towards him.

“If I could walk right now, I’d come there and drag you here. You’re being too slow Hazel, just come here already.” He said in a deep husky voice that made me turn to a darker shade of red.

I moved towards his bed and placed my hands in his outstretched hand which caused him to drag me down as I fell on him with a loud yelp.

“Jason!” I protested as I tried to pull back.

“Just be like this for a minute please.” He said with a pleading tone which caused me to settle comfortably beside him.

As comfortable as I could considering he had a broken arm and a bruised rib.