Chapter 15

My head was pounding.

It felt like someone placed a brick on it and then used a hammer to break it into tiny bits and pieces.

Before I could think further, I could feel bile rise up in my throat so I quickly ran to the toilet to empty my guts into the toilet.

When I was done, I brushed my mouth and walked into my room when I realised there was some Advil and a glass of water on my beside table. I swallowed it and moved down stairs to thank Jane but then I got confused as to why she put it there for me when she wasn’t even around last night.

As I walked down the stairs, I could smell the aroma of an amazing meal which lifted my spirits immediately. Jane was amazing.

“Oh my Jane, I love you so much. The food smells deli—” I was brought to an abrupt stop when I noticed it wasn’t Jane in the kitchen.

It was Jason and he was–cooking?
I was definitely in another universe because I never imagined the day I would see Jason in the kitchen or better still, in casual clothes.

He was putting on a pair of grey tracks and a plain white T-shirt which hugged his body perfectly and I could see his defined muscles from where I was standing.

He was so good looking but he was an obnoxious jerk and I suddenly remembered what he did.

“What are you doing here?” I asked in a confused tone and moved to sit down on the kitchen island. He was making pancakes and they looked delicious.

He turned around at the sound of my voice and for a minute I was captured by his blue eyes but I quickly snapped out of it.

“I don’t know if you’ve forgotten but this is my house.” He said in a bored tone.

“Yeah sure. But aren’t you supposed to be in France? Thought you were going to be gone for a week.”

“Oh I was but somebody needed to be here to take care of your drunk self.” He said flipping the pancake on the fire.

He did it with such skill and I began to wonder if there was anything he wasn’t good at.

“Excuse me?” I asked raising my eyebrow at him.

“Do you remember anything about yesterday?” He asked turning off the stove and giving me a disapproving look.

“Um–not really.” I said suddenly feeling like a child that stole a cookie from the jar and got caught.

“Of course.” He said with disappointed tone.

“What is your problem?” I asked getting angry.

“My problem is the fact that I had to take care of your drunk self.  How could you be so irresponsible and stupid?! Do you know who could’ve seen you and taken your picture or something and then I’d have to deal with another scandal that involves you combined with everything I already have on my plate.” He said fuming with anger.

“Did you just call me stupid?”

“Is that all you got from everything I said?” He asked raising his hand up in exasperation which caused me to glare at him harder.

“You could have been caught on camera or something.”

“I don’t give a damn about those stupid life ruiners so don’t you ever call me stupid ever again!”

“I will once you stop acting stupid. I don’t need to be a babysitter.”

“I didn’t ask you to fucking take care of me so what the hell is your problem?!”