Chapter 9

Before I could process who was in front of my gate, my door was opened by a bulky looking man who wasn’t Danny of course which made me wonder what happened to Danny.

It was the least of my problems and I mentally face palmed myself for thinking about Danny right now.

I turned and gave a quick hug to Cami who looked amused at my situation.

“Your life is like a book right now.”

“I’m guessing Karma is paying me back for rejecting those stories.” I said with a sad look which made her laugh at me. 

“The husband is waiting. Don’t keep him but make sure you call me.  I need details baby!” she said pushing me out of the car with a laugh.

“I hate you sometimes.”

“I love you everytime. Bye babes!” she called out after me and after the not-so-friendly man beside me closed her door, she drove off.

I walked as slowly as I could towards the entrance and all the while I could feel his hard gaze piercing through me but I refused to be intimidated.

“What are you doing here?” I asked in fake surprise which seemed to tick him off.

“Why are you so so stubborn?” he asked in a dangerously low voice.

“And why are you so obnoxious and rude?” I fired back.

“At least I wasn’t the one who hung up which takes me back to how you would dare hang up on me!?”

“I hung up because you were being bossy and annoying again.”

“Me? Bossy and annoying?” he asked in confusion

“Wow! Einstein,I guess you’re not that much of an Einstein as I thought.” I said with a smirk.

“Don’t call me that.”

“Don’t tell me what to do.” I fired back immediately but regretted it as soon as I saw the look in his eyes.

They suddenly became a shade darker and I think it was anger or something but I wasn’t sure.  He suddenly started walking closer to me and with every step he took forward, I took one back and before long, I was trapped between his body and the wall behind me.

When I finally managed to look at him, the emotion I saw in his eyes scared me and for a moment I wondered who the person in front of me really was. The heat coming from his body was so much and I’m very sure I looked like a ripe tomato because he was so close to me.

He suddenly brought his hands up and trailed it along the side of my face and as his hands moved, they left tingles behind and unconsciously, I leaned towards his hands and as soon as he saw that he had an effect on me, he smirked and remove his hands from my face which caused me to open my eyes abruptly as a result of lack of contact.

Just when I thought he was moving, he brought his face dangerously close to mine so that our noses were almost touching and whispered into my ear,

“I’ll always tell you what to do Hazel because I’m going to be your husband. Now I’ll send you the details but before that, make sure you have a good night rest.” He said and place his lips on my cheeks for about five seconds before removing it.

He took a step back and smirked at me, “Goodnight wifey.” He said with a mocking smile and with that, he turned and walked into the car which the bodyguard had opened for him already.

I stayed glued to my feet as I watched the car drive down the street until I couldn’t see the light again.

When I finally snapped out of my reverie,I could feel tingles on my cheeks and as I walked into the house, walked up to my room, got into my night wear and eventually tried to sleep, I couldn’t forget about the tingles that were on my cheek.