Chapter 29

Two weeks.

Two weeks of me ignoring the only people I got to call family.

Two weeks of me not saying a word to Jason or seeing him even though we lived under the same roof.

Two weeks of me being a zombie in the office.

I was sure Teddy was on the verge of killing me already because I was just normal and that was something I wasn't on a good day.

I had gotten a PA, more like Teddy had gotten her for me because he was tired of me and so far I was sure she thought I was a horrible person.

I don't even think I remember her name.

After Kaylie left,I had turn back to my shell.

We had gone to the fair the next day and she had the time of her life. She was so active and I was glad she was acting like a five year old again although her words never left my head.

She cried so much when they were returning and I promised to visit her as soon as I could. She finally agreed to leave after making me pinky swear.

I was in my office sulking as usual when Sarah or I think that was her name came and told me I had a guest.

I told her to let whoever it was in but it was weird because I wasn't having any guests.

"Hey Kaybear." A voice said from my door and for a moment I wanted to jump up and run to hug him but I held it in.

"Hello Brandon." I said as formally as I could and I saw him cringe. I guess he wasn't used to hearing his name from my mouth.

"Can I come in? I come bearing gifts." He said raising his hands and that was when I noticed the box of Kit Kat's in his hands and my face involuntarily brightened.

"Sure."

I never said no to those.

We settled in an uncomfortable silence and when I was tired of seeing him adjust for the 100th time, I spoke up.

"What do you want Brandon?" I asked in a bored tone.

"I want you Kaybear." He said and his eyes widened when he realized the meaning of what he said.

"Not that kind of way, I just mean—oh fuck!" He sighed face palming himself and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Look Kay, I'm just here to apologize. It's been two weeks and it's been a shit two weeks, not just for me." He said and I chose to ignore who he was referring to.

"I miss you Kaybear. You have no idea how frustrating it has been to not have anyone to call to talk about how shit my date was and how much I'm enjoying the sex." He said with a wink.

"Wow Brandon. I'm glad that's the only reason you miss me for." I said rolling my eyes.

"Fine I suck at lying. I just miss you a lot. It's never the same without you. I'm so sorry I didn't tell you about your father but it's just that Jason made me promise not to tell you and I know I should have as your friend but I didn't and I broke your trust but I promise to fix it even if it takes giving you a lifetime supply of Kit Kats to do that, I will. Just please forgive me and pick up my calls." He said with a sincere look in his eyes and I couldn't bring myself to say no.

I guess I would have done the same if I was in his shoes.

"Hand it over." I said referring to the chocolates and he gave me a wide smile before passing it to me which I gladly accepted.

"This is the biggest bribe ever plus you're the first person apologizing to me so I'll just have to accept." I said opening a pack and shoving it in my mouth in the most unladylike manner but I couldn't bring myself to care because it was at that moment I realized how hungry I was.