Chapter 48

"Look how cute they are." I heard a voice followed by the shutter of a camera.

I snapped my eyes open immediately to meet the faces of my family staring back at me.

"Perfect! I'm framing this." My best friend said looking at her phone.

"Well that isn't creepy at all." I muttered drily.

"May! You're awake." She screamed excitedly and rushed to hug me as I tried to stifle a groan.

The keyword being tried.

"Careful babe. She's hurt." My brother said from behind her which made her immediately let go of me with a guilty look on her face.

"Oh my! I'm so sorry." She said apologetically.

"It's fine, I'm fine." I said reassuringly but the look on their faces said they didn't believe me.

"Really I am. Now you all come here, I want a hug." I said spreading my arms out.

"Hey little bunny. I'm glad you're okay." My brother said as he hugged me.

"Kaybear! I've missed you!" Brandon said excitedly which caused me to laugh lightly.

"I came earlier but I didn't want to wake you guys up. You looked so peaceful." Emma said referring to her brother and I.

I suddenly realized that Jason was still asleep.

"There could be an earthquake and he'd sleep through it." Emma said rolling her eyes.

"At least he's sleeping. He hasn't had a proper rest in weeks." Brandon said with a small smile.

"All he needed was May." Cami piped up excitedly and I turned to look at her.

Her bump was already prominent.

"Look at you! Jelly bean isn't so bean-y anymore. Do you know the gender yet?" I asked the couple.

"We're finding out in the next check up." My brother said with an eager look on his face and I suddenly remembered something.

"Wait! I thought you guys wanted to do the wedding before you started showing?" I asked them.

"So much was happening with work and your disappearance so we couldn't plan a wedding. Although we went to the court already so we're legal." She said raising her hand to show the beautiful ring on it.

"I'm sorry." I murmured with a sad look.

"Come on now Kayla. It's not your fault and we could always do the wedding once she gives birth. We have already gone through the hard part." My brother said reassuring me.

"I know, it's just that—"

"Just nothing May. It's not your fault so drop it. It's not like you missed my wedding anyway." She said waving me off.

"Well technically I did since you're already married." I said pointing at her finger.

"Drop it." She deadpanned and I did just that knowing I wouldn't win with her.

The sound of the door opening caused Jason to shift from beside me and I turned to see his confused gaze at the amount of people on the room.

"Good morning Sleeping Beauty!" Our very own man-child screamed from beside him.

"Shut the hell up Brandon." He groaned as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

"Good morning Blue-eyes." I said with a smile as I placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Morning Hazel." He said with a deep husky voice as he returned my smile.

"Did you sleep well?"