Chapter Three

If he wasn't anything else, Kamal was a man of his word

      If he wasn't anything else, Kamal was a man of his word. He had vouched not to call Amal for two days, it has only been a day and he was already hanging by his word. Why had he made that pact with her, he hissed.

Some part of him wanted to go and see her at the university but he cant risk her seeing him.
Amal already had her suspicions about him stalking her, she sees him and that would be it, she'll brand him a certified stalker. If he knows her any ounce then he knows she'll be very glad to do that as a matter of fact.

No, he wasn't going to purchase complacency, he thought. Not at the price of his reputation.

When Kamal asked Amal what he was going to do during those two days, he was serious. She had suggested he killed himself, how cold.
He did have his share of people who wanted him dead rather than alive, most of those people are behind bars, luckily for him.
But to be wanted dead by the person he desperately love, did he thought love? No, love was a big word, he thought, a heavy one. He just liked her.

Kamal knew Amal was robbing him of his sanity and he couldn't help it.
He needed a distraction, and what's better distraction than work.

He remembered he had to return his favorite aunt's call. She had called him earlier and he was too busy he promised to call her back.
About his favorite aunt, Dr Salma, Kamal was her lawyer. She had hired him for when she goes in for a medical scandal. The only medical malpractice she had committed so far was prescribing him sleeping medications when he was working hard and was too tired to sleep which medically he didn't needed.
So technically she pays him for legal advice and to do paperworks when she needs to sell or buy a new property. Nothing sort of the initial intention. Dr Salma was a safe doctor, she might never get a malpractice suit, he thought as he dialed her number.

Kamal bet his next salary, he was about to be asked a legal advice.

   Amal on the other hand was floating on air by her new found liberty. She was going to enjoy it while it last. She did miss her phone ringing on Kamal's awkwardness, though she didn't miss him a bit. If anything she was glad he did kept his part of the deal, it was honorable on his part.

He was smart.

It was a cool evening, Amal and her twin sisters sat in the compound, appreciating the solitude that came with the evening breeze.
Husna who seems to notice anything and everything going on around her did not hesitate to point out to Amal that she did noticed that Kamal hadn't call her all day, Amal kept ignoring her.
"Ok just tell me, you know how not knowing kills me. Did you do away with him already?" Husna pressed "Oh i know u did, u should have done that since u know"

She was still being ignored. She tried all persuasions but Amal wouldn't budge, she maintained her silence.
Husna bounded by restlessness caused by her curiosity was now pleading with Amal.
Hasna was unbothered by both of them, she let herself be carried away by her surroundings.
Amal decided to give in, what worst could Husna possibly do when she hears what she was about to hear
"I didn't do away with him just yet" she said