Chapter Fourteen

On Thursday of the wedding week was henna day: kamu

       On Thursday of the wedding week was henna day: kamu. It wasn't a very busy day, it was rather too calm for a kamu. Amal wanted the former traditional kind of kamu. Her sisters wanted to have the modern day kind, but it was her wedding and she was having it her way.

Amal had wore a dark purple atamfa fabric and on top of it, she was wrapped up with a thobe: laffaya, beautiful in its texture and embroidery: of the same shade. Dark colors did justice to her tone.
For accessories: She wore stud earrings and a single pearl necklace, on her wrist she wore a piaget limelight watch.
Her simplicity was elegant.

The ceremony was brief, Kamal's female relatives had come with lots of perfume and henna. They had bargained with the bride's sisters and cousins before they were allowed to see their bride.
They had sprayed her incessantly with perfume and pasted her feet and hands with henna.

  That night after the ceremony, Amal laid on her prayer mat, she had just ended her prayer.
Kamal had not called her today, she thought. She took out her phone and called.
He picked up immediately
"Hey, beautiful" she heard him said over the phone, his voice so enticing. She smiled dreamily

"Hey" she whispered

"Why are you whispering in my ear, are you trying to seduce me now love" Kamal asked.
Amal smiled, she didn't answer. She was actually whispering because her cousins were sleeping in her room and she didn't want to wake them up.

She stood and went out, to the sitting room. Some of her cousins were sleeping in the sitting room too. She exasperated, she tried the kitchen. It was empty, she took out a chair and sat there.

"Don't flatter yourself Kamal, if i'm out to seduce you, trust me you wont even know what hit you" Amal replied seductively.

Kamal laughed
"Now I'm tempted" he said

"I was looking for a place to talk without waking anybody up" she explained "looks like the kitchen is the only empty place"

"You are talking in the kitchen?" Kamal asked

"Yes Kamal, everywhere else is occupied"

"Aha! I told you, you have a lot of family"

"And most of them are in a hotel" she said and Kamal laughed.

"How are you?" He asked "hope you didn't forget to eat in all the celebrations"

"You dont get to ask me that Kamal, if you wanted to know how i am, you would've called me" Amal complained

"I didn't call because i know you will be busy with the kamu." He said in his defense.