Chapter Twenty Three

She sat comfortably at the back seat of the Mercedes Benz, flipping through the sheet of handouts she had brought from the university

She sat comfortably at the back seat of the Mercedes Benz, flipping through the sheet of handouts she had brought from the university. She kept studying them intently until the driver announced their arrival at the house. She looked up then and smiled embarrassingly at him, she had been so carried away the she did not realize the car had stopped.
Mami driver who has since became Amal's school driver stepped out of the car and helped Amal with the door. She stepped out and thanked him.

When she went into the house, Amal let out a sigh of relief, Kamal was not yet back. He had been pressuring her all week to attend his friend's wedding dinner tonight which she had tried so much to convince him to let het off the hook, but Kamal would not hear of it: he was attending and so was his wife.

Kamal had even gave her the grace of asking why she didn't wanted to attend the dinner, Amal had no reason at all. She just wasn't feeling the party vibe.

Well, Amal thought. It was just after 6:00pm and the wedding dinner starts at 8:00pm: she had more than enough time to shower, pray  and dress up for the dinner and she hoped Kamal would take his time before appearing at the house, she needed the time and Kamal would only be a distraction if he gets back earlier than she hoped. She went on with her series of plan immediately.

Her wishes were granted for Kamal did not return till way after maghrib when she was already on her dressing mirror putting on her makeup.
She heard his voice from the sitting room bellowing her name, she sighed. The way Kamal calls her name announcing his arrival at the house was tiring, she thought.

"Ah you are here" Kamal said as he entered the bedroom, he planted a kiss on his wife's head.

"Sannu da dawowa" Amal greeted "Did you forget about me today, Kamal?" She asked and Kamal smiled: his crooked smile.
Clearly his wife missed him but today had been so hectic been his friend's wedding day. After the wedding fatiha, they had a reception and then they had taken care of the dinner's last minute preparations.

"How can I forget those beautiful eyes" Kamal mused embracing her from behind and Amal couldn't help but smile
"Aha! And how can I forget this breathtaking smile" he added looking at their reflection in the mirror.

Amal turned her face slightly sideways and kissed his arm
"I missed you" she confessed sulking

"I know" Kamal replied "but believe me, when I was out there carrying out the groom's man duties, I was thinking about my wife. How was school love?"

"School is school, hectic" Amal replied with a roll of her eyes

"I remember those university days" Kamal joked and Amal free herself from his embrace, she hit him lightly. Kamal loves bringing up the fact that he's older and his university days were way behind him any slight chance he got, Amal hated when he does that.

"Really Kamal?" She eyed him

Kamal threw his hands in the air
"Don't eat me with your eyes" he said "I'm just saying"