Chapter Eight

The joy and satisfaction he felt just gazing into her eyes was extreme

      The joy and satisfaction he felt just gazing into her eyes was extreme. Those eyes he had given up all hope on staring into. Those eyes that have been his dream subject: oh! Kamal had to smile, this moment was divine.

Amal waited for a reaction from Kamal, what exactly? She wasn't sure: but she was very different from the last time he saw her. Sometimes even she find it hard to recognize herself.

There was no reaction from him, instead he just kept look at her, smiling: his kind of smile. Amal began to feel uncomfortable.

"Its rude to stare u know" she managed to say. He laughed, still without taking his eyes off her.

"Keep staring at me like that and I'll leave" she threatened and he took it seriously.

"I didn't think you'll see me" Kamal said, the smile all gone now.

"Why did you stay then?" Amal asked.

"I dont know, i was hoping you would" he responded silently and then looking directly at her, he questioned "why didn't you tell me? why did you choose to do this to me Amal?" There was obvious hurt in his voice.

Amal was silent for a bit, she had no answers for Kamal. For one thing, she didn't owe Kamal any explanation, she will make no apologies to him. He could feel the way he wanted to feel and that was not on her.

"Why are you here Kamal?" She asked
There was surprise on Kamal's face and Amal didn't miss it.

Did Amal just asked him why he was here? Why was she asking him that? He wanted to be angry: but he cant even be angry at her. After all what Amal had did to him, which by the way really hurt his feelings, and yet he cant even get angry at her. Now he was really angry at himself.

"Why am i here Amal?" His tone was stern "good thing you asked, i will tell you why i am here. What kind of person treat their friends the way you did Amal? with no regards of their feelings"

"So i'm the bad guy here?" She asked with much surprise.

"What you did was irrational" Kamal was now yelling.

"Well i'm not asking for your judgement" Amal snapped "and why are you yelling?" She rolled her eyes.

Was she kidding him? He thought
"I am angry" he made clear his anger.

"You're still yelling" Amal criticized.

Kamal breathed in, Amal was driving him crazy already.

"I know you want an apology, well you are not getting any Kamal. You can keep on yelling if you so wish" Amal announced and Kamal wondered how she could still be this mean. He took one step back to surveyed her.

"You look so terrible" he said. Amal couldn't suppress her laughter. What Kamal didn't know yet still was that she had him all figured, he didn't get an apology so he was going to be passive aggressive about it. What a baby. Her laughter only made him sulked more.