Chapter Thirty Four

Dr Salma came in earlier than usual on this day because she had an early surgery to perform and because she had estimated she wouldn't be out in time to see Amal, she decided to see her before prepping for her surgery

She walked the empty hall to room 17, she had almost forgotten how quiet the ward was in the early mornings.

Kamal and Amal were deep asleep when she entered the room. She stood by the door and marvel at the young couple, their kind of love, they looked so unbothered into each other, she smiled.

But then she frowned a bit, what if, she thought, what if. No they can't be, she told herself, not possible. She turned and went out of the room closing the door slowly behind her.
She lingered at the door, there was only one way of knowing, she would ask Kamal upfront: she has to know, for her patient's sake.

Dr Salma went straight to the nurses room, the nurse on duty was taking a nap. She shook her head in disapproval and woke her up.

"Dr Salma, you are here....already" the nurse asked confused

"Good morning. Yes I am and you are still sleeping" Dr Salma replied sarcastically.
The nurse opened her mouth to say something but the doctor seemed to be in a hurry, she stopped her right there.

"Tell my nephew Kamal to come see me in my office when I'm out of surgery"

"Of course" the nurse answered. Dr Salma nodded to her and left to prep for her surgery.

When the nurse told Kamal about his aunt's request to see him, Kamal knew it has to be important and he waited uneasily for her to come out of the operation theater.

He went to her office immediately he knew she was on desk.
"Kamal, come in" The doctor invited and there was no need for the invite: Kamal was already in the office.

"Good morning Aunty" Kamal greeted as he sat.

"Is it still morning?" Dr Salma asked looking at her watch. It was a quarter past eleven: it was still morning.

"It's still morning, what a long morning" she commented and Kamal laughter.

"How is Amal" she asked.

"She is good, Aunty" Kamal smiled.

"MashaAllah, good" Aunty Salma praised "I see you've been spending the nights here at the hospital"

"Yeah, I have"

"Ok let me go straight to my point here" She said placing her hands on the desk. Kamal had no idea what was about to come, he waited.

"Have you been intimate with your wife?" Aunty Salma asked smoothly.

"What?" Kamal was taken by surprise.

"You heard me Kamal, don't make me repeat myself"

"Are we not supposed to..." the word trailed away.