Chapter Thirty Seven

Amal had every reason for stalling, she wasn't ready to decide on the course of her treatment: besides, there was nothing to decide, she thought

Kamal on the other hand was on edge, Amal not talking about her treatment plan was making him run out of his mind and he was trying so hard to mask it. He would bring it up but Kamal was afraid Amal would be too sensitive: time was running out.

Amal had noticed and to put an to end Kamal's misery, she called out to him on what seemed like his hundredth stop at room 17.

He had came in and lingered aimlessly in the room and was about to leave,

"Kamaaal" Amal called with a smile "come here". Kamal obeyed in haste, he came and sat besides her on the bed.

She stared at him lovingly and smiled again "Your worry worries me Kamal"

Kamal acted surprised "What?!" He exclaimed.

"I can feel your worries" Amal said.

"Thank God" Kamal huffed thankfully "time is not on our side Love, whatever we....you decide should be carried out immediately and...."

"I'm not taking on any treatment or surgery" Amal's announcement threw Kamal off guard.

"Whoa! What?! Come on..." Kamal pleaded

"I don't want to do anything anymore, I'm tired Kamal"

"You can't be tired Love" Kamal protested,

"I know" Amal agreed.

"Do the treatment" He suggested and she cringed a bit.

"It's chemotherapy and radiation" She argued.

"I know it is...but love, it is better than nothing"

"Aunty Salma made it clear, the chemotherapy probably wont work, it could be a waste..." she sulked.

Kamal sighed heavily,
"If there is a chance it would work, no matter how slim the chance is..."

"Kamal" Amal rolled her eyes "you know what chemotherapy does to me and...and if the treatment doesn't work on the tumor...it..." she stammered "it will do more harm to me, I will suffer"

"...but it might work my love" Kamal cajoled "please do the treatment, I beg of you"

"Kamal..."

"Please Amal" Kamal went down on his knees "Please I am on my knees" he said
"Do the treatment...for me"

"I hate chemotherapy"

"I will be with you through it all" he promised.

"Aren't you always" she pouted her lips.