Chapter Fifteen

A new chapter in a novel, is similar to a new scene in a movie

The drive in was spacious, several botanical plants gave the house a homely welcome. It was a three room and two sitting room apartment. The first sitting room was the biggest, beautiful decorated and furnished: on one side stood the dinning table. It smells of newness and incense. The kitchen was so modern with an island table occupying the center.

Kamal could have accepted the grand deluxe apartment his rich father had offered, but Kamal was a man of his own merit: he had insisted on buying his own house and this was what he could afford.
While Baba: his father thought it unreasonable of him, Mami: his mother had supported him.
If Kamal wanted to get his house himself, then he should be left to do that, she had said.
Mami was proud of her son, he was a man.

When Amal was brought to her new home after the dinner, her happiness knew no boundaries. How she loved the house was an understatement.
Her house: Kamal's house.
Their home.

Immediately after everyone had left, Kamal included: he had gone to escort out his friends: Amal had wiped away her tears. All her bridal modesty forgotten, Amal fling away her bridal veil and commenced checking out her new home. Repositioning what she thinks was not in the right position.

Oh! the white canopy bed she had always wanted was there, bless Umma and Abba, she thought.

Kamal returned to find his bride jumping happily on her matrimonial bed. He stared at her with fondness: and he had always thought that brides were supposed to sit on the bed patiently and wait for their groom to come lift their veils, and then they will smile lovingly, at least that was what he saw in the movies.
Who jumps on the bed even before the groom shows up? well now he knows who: his wife does, Amal does.

He kept watching her silently until she realized he was standing there. She jumped off the bed almost breaking into a fall, Kamal caught her.
She laughed

"How long have you been standing there?" She asked looking at him suspiciously

"Long enough to make sure you don't break the bed" he replied smiling

"Oh Kamal, look how beautiful this bed is, i'm in love with it" Amal admiration for the bed was so adorable to Kamal.
He was going to make sure she loved this bed even more, he promised to himself.

"It is indeed beautiful" Kamal agreed pulling her towards him, he caressed softly at her cheek "not as beautiful as you" he said.
Amal gave him a shy unassertive smile, then she slide away smoothly from him.
Kamal smiled, his handsome crooked smile.

                            .       .       .
  Life could never be better for Kamal and Amal.
They were in love.
They were married.

Immediately after their marriage, a new session had began and Amal had returned to school.

                          .        .       .
    Kamal stretched on the bed, he breathed in the softness of the duvet. He searched blindly for a pillow, when he found one, he covered his head with it: Amal was singing from the kitchen again.