Chapter Nine

Amal was touched and she laughed at Kamal's joke

"Awwwn" she cooed "aren't you so sweet now" she blew him a playful kiss: But Kamal wasn't laughing nor was he sharing in her sentiments. She looked at him and his eyes were the shade of brown she hadn't seen yet.

Amal stopped short her laughter, her emotionalism seized.

"Oh my God" she exclaimed "Kamal... you are serious" her heart began to beat faster, what was this? What was kamal doing? Her thought was racing and yet she couldn't think.

She felt sick in her stomach and she was nauseated. "Oh my God" she repeated as she stood and ran to the bathroom to throw up. Kamal raced immediately after her but she had bolted the door.

He knocked hard on the door, she ignored him. He didn't know what to think now, he had played this moment in his mind over and over again and the images were nothing like this. He had proposed marriage: she was supposed to shriek and say yes but instead she was on the side of the door throwing up and she wont even let him in.

Did he disgust Amal that much; that the idea of getting married to him was nauseating? He kept knocking even harder.

Amal was done throwing up. She sat in the bathroom afraid to come out. Kamal was on the other side of the door.
What had Kamal just did? He didn't propose to her? Did he? Oh he did. This was a nightmare.

The sound of him banging on the door was irritating to her head, she held her hands to her ears and looked round the bathroom for an escape, a window: anything to avoid going out that door. There was none, she was trapped inside.

    She had to summoned all courage before she stepped out of the bathroom. Kamal was still there: without much of a glance at him she walked passed him. He watched her as she walked away: he stood there for a moment alone with his thought and then he followed.

She was already out of the shop. She was leaving, alone. When he spotted her, he hurried to her.

"What was that?" He asked "Where are you going?" He asked grasping at her arm and bending towards her.

"Home, Kamal, home" she replied

"You are not leaving alone" he said, he tried to walk her toward the car.

"I'm not going anywhere with you" she resisted "and let go of my arm, this moment" now she looked at him and his face was painfully frantic, she looked away.

"What is this all about? Me pro......"

"Dont, dont you dare say that word" she warned

"Do you despise me so, Amal" Kamal asked his eyes keenly fixed on her.

"No, Kamal i dont despise you" she said "I despise your audacity"

"What's so wrong with what I did"