Chapter Twenty One

Amal leapt for joy, she had been in the hospital for so long that the idea of breaking away was heaven to her.

"Aunty is so going to be mad at you" She said to Kamal as she started to get dressed.

"She wont, I am her favorite nephew, remember? Besides who will tell her?" Kamal questioned mischievously "we're going to be back before she comes in tomorrow"

"Ha Kamal, what is with you and sneaking out, remember how you convinced me to sneak out on our wedding eve?" Amal reminded.

"As if you didn't wanted to"

"I had to"

"Oh yeah, right" Kamal scoffed "Are you coming now or what?"

"Damn right I'm coming, this place is suffocating"

"Haha" Kamal laughed "I love your sneaking spirit"

"I know, I was trained by the best" She said with a flirtatious rise of her left brow. Kamal laughed, mysteriously now. What does his wife knows about his sneaking days?

"We should get going, I'm all set"
Amal suggested and Kamal snatched his keys from the table.

They left the hospital and Kamal drove home.

When they entered the sitting room, Amal swayed jovially around the space.
"Oh! How much I missed this place" she exclaimed happily.

"I'm sure the place misses you back" Kamal said "it's been so quiet without you" he added.

"Awwwn, that's sweet. The house is too clean for a man without a wife" She noticed "did you get married again while I was away, Kamal?"

"Like I would ever need another wife" Kamal rolled his eyes away and Amal laughed "Mami's house-help came in earlier and cleaned" he admitted

"Aha! I knew you didn't clean this house" Amal accused lovingly.

"Whatever" Kamal scoffed, his wife was right: he could never clean anything but he wasn't about to let her rub it on his face.

Amal smiled at his disposal
"I'm going to have a bath" She said and started to leave for the bedroom. Kamal held her hand, she turned tentatively.

"Alone? Without an invitation?" Kamal asked dubiously

"Yes Kamal, alone" she answered staring lazily at him.

Kamal studied her for a moment, then he let go of her hand.
"Ok then, you go ahead" he smiled, his crooked smile. Amal smiled back and walked on, leaving Kamal alone in the sitting room.

Amal refusal to invite him for a shower was hurtful alright but Kamal was glad because he had some hidden agenda to get on with right away.

Amal shut her eyes tightly behind the closed door of the bedroom. Why had she insisted on showering alone? Only one answer kept coming to her head: She was feeling insecure already about her only one breast and what is worse? Kamal knew she felt insecure already, he has to: he was smart enough to know why she behaved how she did, he knew how much she loved showering with him. This is going to be hard, so hard, she thought.

She cleared her head immediately and went about undressing, she wasn't going to think much about this, not right then. Kamal will understand, he always do.

She didn't take much time in the shower but she did in front of the mirror, putting on her makeup, making her hair: trying to look her best for her dear husband. She deliberated on what to wear, she hadn't worn anything fancy in a while so she took out a rich red satin sequined gown: A woman can never go wrong with red, she thought to herself as she tried on the dress.