Chapter 15

AMELIA POV

Whilst Xavier was picking up his mum, I decided to look around and see what was going on, obviously, I went to the kitchen first.

"Hey, what's going on here?" I asked one of the chefs.

"The preparations for Mr King's mother's arrival." a cute girl with red hair told me.

I look around to see many pots steaming and a lot of people running around with things in their hands. If this is just for his mum, I couldn't even begin to imagine how our wedding would be.

"Can I help?" I asked her.

"I couldn't possibly ask you to do that," she blushed.

"It's okay, I really enjoy working in the kitchen, I used to be a waitress," I smiled.

"Okay well then, why don't you chop up these vegetables?" she asked and we both spent time cutting vegetables. I asked her why they were making so much when it was only going to be me, Xavier and his mum.

"Most of the workers live in the servers quarters so we just eat whatever we cook for Mr King when he stays here," she replied, whilst cutting carrots.

"Oh," I say.

I ended up getting in the groove of cutting and me and the girl, whose name I learnt was Nicki, was telling me a funny story about her prom in high school, and I ended up laughing.

Mine and Nicki's conversation was disrupted by Xavier clearing his throat as he stood by the end of the kitchen door with his mother.

"I think you should leave now," Nicki giggled. I nodded and left.

"Hey," I whispered to Xavier and gave him a small kiss on his cheek. "Hi, Mrs King." I smiled at his mum.

"Call me Annie," she smiled.

"So is dinner ready?" Xavier asked, with a smile in his eyes.

"Yeah, why don't you guys sit down, my dress smells a bit like food now I'll change and join you." I smile and jog to the bedroom.

I put on a black skirt and a white t-shirt before walking back to the dining room.

"I can't wait to taste your food," Annie said.

"I didn't cook it, Annie, I just helped with the preparation, Nicki cooked it." I clarified.

"Who's Nicki?" Xavier asked.

"The chef,"

"You know the workers' names?" Annie asked.

"Not all of them, just a few that I helped today," I say as another server put the food on the table.

We began to eat, and Annie kept on asking questions about the wedding that Xavier answered.

"When is the wedding?" she asked.

"End of next month," Xavier said and the piece of bread got stuck in my throat. I started coughing wildly and Xavier gave me water to calm myself down.

"Are you okay dear?" Annie asked, I nodded and kept quiet. after a couple more questions Annie asked about my dress.

"Well I was hoping you would come with me to buy it, my mum can't so I would like you there please." I smile.

"I would love to dear, how about tomorrow?"

"Perfect," I smile.

After dinner was over, me and Xavier walked to the bedroom, I made my bed on the couch and Xavier flopped down onto the bed, making me giggle.

"So I guess you going wedding dress shopping huh?" Xavier asked, as he got up and took his wallet out the bedside drawer.

"Here's my card, it has about 12 million dollars in it," he handed it to me.

"For what?" I asked.

"For your dress," he said, obviously.

"I can buy my own dress," I say.

"You're about to marry Xavier King, get the best dress money can buy," he smirked.

"I'm Xavier King, I'm so rich blah blah blah." I mimicked him, and he just rolled his eyes. I got up and placed his card in my wallet.

"Goodnight Lia," he said as he turned off the lights.

"Night."

_________

The next morning I woke up to see that Xavier was still asleep. His breathing was heavy and one leg was sticking out, exposing his toned muscular leg.

I went into the bathroom and had a quick shower, using my rose scented shampoo and conditioner.

I got dressed in blue jeans and a pink jumper. I wore brown timberlands and hooped earrings and threw my hair into a messy bun. I walk down to the living room to see Xavier's mum drinking coffee and watching television.

"Good morning Annie," I smile.

"Hey, are we ready to go?" she says, turning around.

"Sure, let's go."

After a 20 minute drive, the driver leaves us at a fancy and elegant bridal boutique. We both sit down on a couch and a staff member came to give us champagne.

"I know who you are," the lady at the cash point said loudly, pointing at me "You're about to marry Xavier King aren't you?" she smiled.

"Um...yes how do you know that?" I ask.

"There was an article on Hollywood Magazine." she said, "Lisa come help this beautiful bride to be."

A pretty worker came and took me to a changing room, I decided to forget about the article and just enjoy my time with Annie and spending as much money as I want on a dress.

I tried several on but neither me or Annie liked them very much. I decided to not worry about the dress for a minute and looked at some shoes when I saw the dress of my dreams, hiding behind a different yellow dress.

It was pure white with a small netted V-neckline and flowers along the bottom, I instantly picked it up and ran to the changing room.

I put it on and walked out and stood on the pedestal to show it off.

Annie was too busy looking at a bridal magazine so I cleared my throat and when she looked up her eyes widened.

"Oh my god you look beautiful," she gasped and gave me hug, her eyes were watering.

"Why are you crying?" I asked softly.

"I'm so happy Xavier is marrying you, you're perfect for him Amelia,"

If only you knew...

Hey Bitches💋
This isn't the best chapter...more of a filler. Hope it was good enough for ya tho🤪

-BanditLuva🖤