Chapter 47

AMELIA POV

My restless sleep was abruptly disturbed when I heard a heavy knock on the bedroom door. Groaning, I paddle to the door and open it to see 2 familiar blondes.

It was the 2 twins or sisters (I wasn't sure) that had got me ready for my wedding with the spawn of Satan.

"Good afternoon Mrs King."

Afternoon?

I glance at my clock to see it was 3:30pm.

Have I really been asleep for 15 hours?

They looked at me in creepy unison. They were both white, pale in fact, with big glassy eyes that were almost animated although one had blue eyes and the other had hazel that was closer to being light brown.

They wore a full face of elegant makeup topped off with a swipe of bubblegum pink lip gloss. Their silky hair was tamed away into long, sleek high-ponytails.

Both had on tight black leather jumpsuits that showed off their tall lean figures.

"Call me Amelia," I say, trying to distance myself as far as I could from Xavier's name. My is voice still groggy from just waking up. "Why are you here?" I asked, cluelessly.

Their eyes widened simultaneously. "It's the American Business Associates Banquet tonight." One of them says.

"Mr King is the chairman," the other adds.

Oh, so this was the big business event Xavier was talking about yesterday.

I gesture for them to come into my room and they do, trailing suitcases of makeup and hair equipment behind them. I quickly rush into the bathroom and brush my teeth and wash the gunk out of my eyes, trying to look a little presentable.

"Where's the dress?" One of them asks.

"I don't have a dress," I shrug.

"Mr King said he had a dress delivered," the chips in.

"Check his office." I say pointing to my left, to gesture that it was in the room next door.

A few seconds later she comes back with a black dress bag and almost seductively unzips it to reveal the dress.

"Oh. My. God." They both say in unison.

"Oh my god." I whisper to myself.

It was a red, off shoulder empire dress. I already knew I was going to have to wear heels as it was touching the floor in the stylist's hands. The tulle layers of the dress flowed elegantly and created a majestic skirt.

I hated Xavier, but I couldn't help but be impressed by his dress choice. He was the boss and knew how to look the part.

Wow.

I took a few steps closer, mesmerised by the dress, I never knew how I could be so hypnotised by a piece of clothing but I was lost admiring it.

"We have to slay this hair and makeup." The girl with blue eyes says and the other nods eagerly.

They shoo me into the shower, with specific shampoos and body washes.

I guess I didn't really have much of a choice, I was legally obliged to be his wife. Also, secretly, going to this event was my dream and I hoped to go there myself one day, not as the wife of a man. At least this way I could see what I was going to get myself into in the future.

It felt refreshing to have a nice cleansing shower, I had been neglecting my personal hygiene since I heard the news. Often delaying showers and not shaving.