Chapter 23

XAVIER POV

I was awoken to the sound of music. I got off the couch where I was sleeping since Lia took the bedroom and tried to go back to sleep the music wouldn't turn off so I groaned out bed. Whilst I was walking past the kitchen I finally saw where the music was coming from.

It was Lia, dancing to Disney songs as she was cooking. She was wearing tight pink shorts and a white baggy T-shirt. I didn't even realize I was staring at her until she spoke.

"Stop staring and come," she giggled "I made pancakes." her emerald eyes twinkled.

"Okay...I-I just need to go to the bathroom," I stuttered, she made me stutter.

I splashed my face with cold water before going back to the kitchen. I saw Lia sat at the table putting maple syrup and berries on her pancakes. She started eating and gestured for me to sit down.

"What can we do tonight that's fun?" she asked mindlessly.

"There's a club we can go to," I suggest.

"Somewhere exciting with music," she carried on ignoring me.

"Like a club?" said again.

"That I can dress up and do my hair..." she carried on.

"Like a club?"

"I wanna dance somewhere?" she daydreamed.

"Like a club," I said.

"Where do you think we can go?" she asked as if she never heard me.

"How about a club?" I say irritably.

"Yes, let's go to a club." she clapped her hands.

The next few hours are a blur of watching Disney movies and snacking until Lia decides to get up and start getting ready.

I go and take a shower and get changed into black jeans and a white button-up shirt. When I walk back into the bedroom I see Lia looking at herself in the mirror quizzically.

"Do I look okay?" she asked innocently, not aware of how captivating she looked. She was wearing a black leathery dress that showed off her sexy body. Her curves were enhanced in the tight dress stopping above her knees.

Her chestnut curls fell down her back, above her waist and she had dark sultry makeup on, making her look irresistible.

Suddenly all I could think of was how other men would stare at her, undressing her with their filthy eyes and I became furious, I clenched my jaw to control myself.

"Take it off," I say, darkly.

"Does it really look that bad?" she pouts.

"Bad? Let me remind you, Amelia, you are the wife of a billionaire not some whore at a cheap club." I spit.

Fury filled her eyes the second she heard that comment.

"Guess what?" she walked toward me, dangerously close "I don't give a damn what you think, I like this dress and if you think I'm gonna take it off, think again Mr King." she whispered against my neck and my breathing halted.