Chapter 30

AMELIA POV

"A what?" I ask.

"You heard me," Xavier was all of a sudden cold with me again "my old home - it's a safe house now. No one would expect the billionaire to have such a small place."

I guess he was right about that. He took my hand into his and we walked into the building. After going up 3 flights of stairs he pulled a key out of his pocket and took me into his flat.

"Hello Alberto?" he called our driver "Take the Mercedes back from the safe house."

I guess Xavier could tell I was confused as he then told me it was so that no one could track his car location and I just nod in understanding.

"We'll be staying here for now." He says before walking into the back bedroom.

I look around, it was a cute and homey apartment. The front door opened into an open plan joint living room and kitchen, before a small corridor lead to 2 average size bedrooms.

(A/N if any of you watch The Big Bang Theory, the layout is similar to Leonard's apartment)

I sink into the black leather couch and stare at the ceiling, the long tube lights were a refreshing change from the decadent chandeliers and flamboyant candle lights.The kitchen cabinets are empty and I'm assuming the fridge would be as well.

In a few minutes Xavier returns to the living room but he's changed into a Nike tracksuit and Jordans and I can't help but stare.

"What?" He asks, unaware of how sexy he looks, it was a rare opportunity to see him not in an Armani suit.

"You look nice," I say and he smirks and pretends to flex his muscles "....and you ruined it."

"Anyway, we need to go shopping." He says.

"How are we going to get groceries if you just called Alberto to take the car?" I ask, I was not about to carry heavy bags.

"Oh my peasant wife," he says "we are going car shopping first." He pats my head like I'm some pet.

"Of course we are.." I roll my eyes. As we're about to walk out the door I froze. Xavier walls down a flight of stairs before realising im not with him.

"Everything good?" He asks me after walking back up the steps.

"Xavier there's a bounty on my head." I realise. "I'm not leaving this place, especially without a car."

Xavier looks at me, we both now he feels bad for me but he can't bring any words to his mouth. "I'm going to buy a car, I'll come back soon." I nod and close the door as he leaves.

There's nothing much to do so I just scroll through social media for about an hour before Xavier re-enters the apartment. Thank goodness there was already a charger and WiFi here.

Xavier shows me the car he bought from the window. It's a Toyota, similar to the one Jasmine drove when I lived with her.

"The almighty Xavier King is going to drive a Toyota." I fake gasp and he rolls his eyes.

"I'm trying to look normal, supercars don't do that" he rolls his eyes "however I like it when you call me almighty." I notice his pupils dilate before he holds my arm and pulls me closer to him.

"Oh yea..?" I smirk and place my arms around his neck and slowly begin to peck his cheek.

Deep inside I was scared. An unknown amount of people where out there, looking for me to kill me. 30 million dollars is a lot of money and my life was the trade.

But with Xavier.

Oh with Xavier.

As soon as I look into his eyes all those worries melted away. I felt safe in his arms, but I knew I couldn't get used to it. We had already being married for 2 months and time was flying quicker than I expected.

And I was liking him quicker than I expected.

When I zone back into the moment I realise Xavier and I are now in the bedroom. I fumble to take my hoodie off, causing both of us to laugh.

XAVIER POV

There she was, standing before me. She was in nothing but a pair of blue lace panties. I took a minute and stepped back engulfing every inch of her.

Her curls rested on her head like a crown. I ran my fingers across the curves of her body, causing her breathing to hitch. She looks at from under her eyelashes, those emerald eyes could tell me to do anything and I would comply.

"Your turn.." she breathes out, urging me to take of my shirt and I do without question. She stares at me for a minute. "Damn," she says under her breath and I laugh before giving in to her.

I plant slow kisses down her body, leaving hickeys as her small breaths and quiet moans motivate me to continue and again I indulge in her.

I walk towards her and she holds onto me in desperation. The opposite of the woman I met in that cafe.

Vulnerable.

Confident in us but not herself as she trusts her body with me.

"Take me to bed King." She whispers against my ear.

"Anything for you my wife."

I cup her face and kiss her softly, which only evokes more passion her back arches upwards as I place kisses down every part of her magnificent body there was a cloud of lust around us.

I was no longer kissing her out of lust or desire but out of the fear that this could be my last moment with her and that she's in danger because of me.

She pulls away for a second to catch her breath and I look at her.

Defenceless against the corrupt world of business I threw her in. "I'm going to keep you safe" I promise. She nods placing her life in my hands and her body upon mine.

The rest of the night melted away in pleasures and vulnerabilities. I was weak in front of her but I was okay with it.

"You really marked me.." she says and admires her hickeys in the mirror, all she's now wearing is my shirt with only a few buttons done up.

"I could say the same," I smirk, turning around to show her the nail marks she left on my back.

"Damn.." she strokes her fingers against the my back "I'm sorry." She pouts.

"Don't be, I like it." I assure her before she into the bathroom.She glances at me, showing a shy smile before closing the door.

She was my weakness.

But the bounty hunter already knew that.

hope you all enjoyed❤️
feedback is appreciated
-BanditLuva🖤