Chapter 39

AMELIA POV

It's been a few days since Xavier came home from the hospital and things have been going great.

Today was his first day back at work and even though he's acting cool and collected I know he's excited to be back in his zone.

"What's your plan today?" He asks as he's spraying some Dior perfume.

"I'm going dress shopping with Jasmine," I say, finishing up my coffee.

"Here's my card, in case you find something you like." He hands me black card.

"I'm perfectly capable of buying my own stuff King," I say back.

"I know, I know." He puts his hands up in surrender "but I like to spoil you." he says, kissing my cheek.

"Just get out of here," I shoo him out the door before I begin blushing like a loser.

"I'll see you tonight baby," he says right before I close the door.

Baby.

My heart flutters.

One simple word my heart is doing backflips.

That's the kind of power Xavier King possesses over me.

I slip into some black heels to compliment by nude romper and leave the house soon after Xavier does. I decided to get a taxi to Jasmine's place.

I get into Jasmine's house, I wasn't calling it my place anymore since I was happy living with Xavier and Jasmine was engaged and planning to live with Dylan here.

"Lemme see that ring," I take her hand. It's a beautiful silver band with a sapphire in it.

"Yeah you ain't the only one with a rich man," she gushes. "Anyway let's leave, I want to find my dress." She's so happy she's glowing and I'm so happy for her and her future.

When we arrive at the boutique, I sit down on the couch and Jasmine goes into the changing room with an assistant to try dresses.

A few minutes she walks out of the changing room in a mermaid style satin dress with spaghetti straps and small pearl detailing. She looked so beautiful.

"My god Jaz, you look amazing," I gush and she wears a weak smile "...but it's not you is it?"

"I just don't feel that vibe with this dress." She pouts, I mean I guess I could relate, I tried about 10 dresses before finding the one I wore to my wedding and my wedding wasn't even real.

"That's fine, we have all the time in the world." I reassure her.

Whilst she's changing out of that dress I look around the store and find a gorgeous lace and chiffon ball gown dress. It wasn't white, but a very pale blue (which would match her ring) and I picked it for her to try.

"What about this one?" I show her as she walks out.

"I love it, it's the dress I had my eyes on," she says with a twinkle in her eye, "...but that dress costs more than my whole wedding."

"It's on me." I say instantly.

"Oh no Mel I couldn't that—"

"Hey what's the point of being married to a multi billionaire if you can't even buy your best friend the dress of her dreams." I shrug.

She tears up and gives me a tight hug "thank you,".

After I pay for the dress using Xavier's card that he gave me this morning we go and grab some lunch.

We decide to get tacos and whilst we're waiting for our food, I get a call from Xavier.

"What's up King," I greet.

"I just had some spare time and wanted to call you," he says quietly.

"Aw, is the boss man missing me?" I tease.

"Very much," he admits and I hear a door open on the line  "Ugh Mr. Walker is here I'll call you later, I love you."

"I love you too," and I end the call.

"Love? You guys said the L-word?" Jasmine is shocked.

"Yea," I blush.

"Fake marriage my ass," she mutters and I throw my straw wrapper at her.

"Where do you wanna go next?" Jasmine asks after we're done eating.

"Do you have anything else to do?" I ask

"Not today, but I finally have you for a whole day, I'm not wasting it." She smiles.

"Well can we go there?" I point towards a lingerie shop.

"Ooh ok Victoria." She smirks and we walk inside.

As I'm looking, Jasmine continually makes comments about my sex life and gives me lingerie advice.

"That's a pretty one," she points at a black lace and leather set. "I bet Xavier would love that." She giggles and I slap her playfully.

I do end up putting it in my basket, along with hot pink boy shorts and a white garter.

"You are going to make Xavier a very happy man," Jasmine teases as we walk out of the shop.

"Since when did you become the lingerie expert," I say sassily.

"I do this shit," she winks and secretly lifts her top up to reveal a royal blue bustier on underneath.

"Impressive."

It's almost 6 and we decide to make one last stop at the drug store before I went home. Jasmine needed some plasters and I decided to stay in the car since I didn't really need anything.

I open my phone and see the lock screen, a selfie me and Xavier took on our honeymoon. I glance at the date and my eyes widen involuntarily.

Monday 12th November

It's the 12th already?

I grab my phone and call Jasmine.

"What's up," she asks.

"Can you get me a pregnancy test?"

this chapter is kinda short :(
-BanditLuva🖤