Chapter 19

AMELIA POV

After I had gotten of the flight that Xavier had booked for me I got a cab back to my sweet little home.

I fumbled with my keys until I had found the right one and opened the door to see Jasmine passed out on the couch. It was around 6am when I got home.

I chuckle to myself as I make my way to my bedroom. I get dressed into leggings, a sports bra and a loose tank top.

I jog to the gym and decide to get a work out down. I regularly went to the gym as a way to release stress and it was a type of self care for me.

I ran on the treadmill for about 30 minutes before getting a jump rope. I was jumping when I guy wolf whistled at me, I just rolled my eyes.

"Hey pretty mama," a buff guy smirked at me, and I stayed silent. He kept on badgering me and I was getting more and more annoyed.

"Why are you talking to me?" I finally said, I could hear my voice full of attitude. I was sitting on the floor now look up to him.

"Can I take you out?" He asks flirtatiously.

"Can you help me up?" I ask, putting my hand out with my engagement ring showing. His eyes widen as the guy apologises sheepishly and walks away.

After I was finished working out I walked back home and saw that Jasmine was awake and getting ready for work.

"Oh my god hey!" She greeted and gave me a tight hug when she saw me.

"I got here this morning." I hug back.

"I thought you were coming tomorrow." She said.

"Yeah something happened, so I came early without Xavier." I mumbled.

"What happened?" She asked holding my hand in both of hers.

"Umm.." I hesitated but I knew I could tell her, she was my best friend. "He was about to sleep with someone else."

"What!" Jasmine's jaw dropped. I explained everything to her.

"Okay.." Jasmine breathed out and gave me a long hug. She got up and got her phone out.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm calling my office, I had the day off tomorrow to spend time with you but you need me more today, so I'm switching my days." She smiled. I smiled, she was honestly my sister.

"Let's spend the entire day pampering you to forget about what Xavier did." She said, standing up.

"Hey don't worry, I'm not upset about it, it's not like he's my actual fiancé. I'm just more upset that someone else could've seen him and that would ruin our whole plan." I admit.

"Well whatever you need a pamper day," she winks.

We spend the day applying face masks and getting pedicures. I looked pretty good but inside I felt heavy and annoyed.

We were watching television but I was mostly just blankly staring at the screen, which I'm pretty sure Jasmine realised.

"Are you still upset Mel?" She asked softly.

"No, no I was never upset, but I have lost the sense of security that this 'relationship' would work out." I admit. 

She was about to say something but I carried on talking, it felt good to let it all out "I made enough sacrifices for him, I ended things with Jayden, I know that was gonna happen anyway but I did it for him - and he goes and does this." I rant.