Chapter 27

AMELIA POV

ohmygodihaveacrushonxavierking

My mind was going crazy.

No. I don't have a crush on Xavier, I just miss him because his brother is hitting on me.

His brother was hot, not Xavier hot, but he was very attractive.

Stop thinking about Xavier!

"Okay," I take a deep breath and calm myself down.  Obviously this was going to happen at some point, I'm married to him for Christ's sake.

I decide to stop thinking about Xavier and decide to do my hair to pass the time. As I'm in the middle of braiding my phone rings.

Xavier King

Speak of the fucking devil.

I let go of my braid and answer the phone. "Hey Lia," he greets.

"Hey King." I sit on the bed and watch my braid unravel.

"How are you," He asks but sounds like he's in a rush so I answer bluntly.

"Bored." All I hear is a small chuckle from him.

"Well, I arrived in Australia and I'm going to meet Mr. Walker soon." He informs me.

"Try and get a lot of money off  him." I say, remembering Jodie's words.

"Why?" He asks and I just know he has a confused look on his face.

"His sister, Jodie, told me to." I shrug. I hear a knock on my door, and then Eric walks in. He realised I'm on the phone so just mouths 'Dinner' to me.

"I gotta go babe, I love you." I say to Xavier and feel so embarrassed about it.

"Alright I love you too." he says even though Eric can't hear him.

Eric holds the door open for me and I walk behind him, the air between us was very awkward since we were on the roof.

Dinner was pretty much silent, Xavier's dad was not there due to some business emergency.

"So Eric, what do you do for a living? I've never seen you around Kings Corp." I say.

"When dad decided to retire and pass down Kings Corporate I was pretty busy with my own business, which I was so sure was gonna be a success, so Xavier decided to handle it. Long story short my business failed."

"Oh.." was all I could say.

"It was all for the best, Xavier made it into a much bigger and better company than I ever could. He was so dedicated, which is why we were so surprised when we found out he was engaged to you, he normally doesn't make time for girls." He explained.

"For him it's business first," I smile "it's one of my favourite things about him to be honest, his dedication is one of the reasons I fell in love with him."

At this point I didn't know if I was lying or venting out my feelings to him. Obviously I wasn't in love with Xavier, but his devotion is one of the things that attracted me.

By the time dinner was over, the awkwardness had melted away and we were talking about Eric and Xavier's childhood.

"So your mum lives in Miami?" I bring up a topic.

"Yeah, parents got divorced when we were very young, kind of broke Xavier." He begins. "I'm surprised he didn't tell you."

Oh shit I had keep up the cover "I knew, I just wanted your opinion on it, to me Xavier seems much more of a mommy's boy." I giggle.