Breakfast

3rd Person's P.O.V.

Everyone who knew Tony knew he wasn't good at cooking. But if you really knew Tony, you also knew that if he was trying to cook it could only mean two thing. A: He was trying to apologize. Or B: he was trying to do something special.

Stephen woke up to the smell of food. It wasn't the best smelling, but it wasn't the smell of something burnt. It smelled mediocre, at best.

Tony, in the kitchen, was trying his best. He had coffee going, pancakes to flip, eggs cooking, toast burning, all while trying to make the bacon into a smile. He was starting to get frustrated as nothing was going the way he planned. He guessed that doing everything at once was better than doing one thing at a time and letting it go cold.

"Coffee is done, sir." Friday says.

"Gre- okay, turn it off please?" He groans.

He flips a pancake and checks on the egg. The toast pops but it's still not toasted enough so he puts it back in. He turns the bacon.

He sighs and tries to focus, this was his and Stephen's one year anniversary of being married and he wanted to start it off right.

The toast pops again and this time it's too toasted. He tries to put the egg on the plate but it's stuck. He successfully gets the pancakes onto the plate only to find the majority of them undercooked. He checks the coffee and it seems to be the only thing that turned out decent.

He smells something though, smoky and salty. He tries to fimd the source of the smell, which starts to get worse. He looks at the bacon, which ironically is smiling, burns. Smoke quickly fills the air and he rushes to turn the stove off. He coughs as he inhales the smoke, just as the fire alarm turns on.

After opening a window, turning the smoke detector off, and sitting down, Tony gives up. He knew he'd be insane to do so. He knew insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result when it's clear that you'll only get the same one.

"Tony?" Stephen calls.

Tony looks up at his clean, prestine and in a robe husband. He stands up and hugs him, giving a soft smile. Stephen hugs back and smiles too.

"Happy anniversary." Stephen rests his chin on Tony's head.

Tony rests his head against Stephen's chest, "Happy anniversary."

"So... What happened here?" Stephen kisses Tony lightly on the head as they turn to see the kitchen.

"Breakfast. Or what's left of it." Tony sighs, "I'm sorry, I just wanted to give you a good breakfast-in-bed to start the day."

"Well, it's the thought that counts. How long have you been in here, trying to make breakfast?" The tall one asks.

"Three hours. Four attempts." Tony states.

"Wow... That's the best you could do? Uncooked pancakes, burnt bacon, burnt toast, and the eggs and coffee look okay." Stephen chuckles.

Tomy laughs, "Actually, the eggs are kinda stuck to the pan."

Stephen laughs too, "Next time I'll cook you the nice "breakfast-in-bed" breakfast."

Tony smiles at the thought, "Deal."

Stephen looks Tony up and down.

"Well, if you insist." Stephen half sighs before leaning down and kissing Tony.

Tony doesn't hesitate to kiss back, partly wanting to fight the blush that crept across his cheecks. He blushed even more at the thought that Stephen was still able to make him blush.

When they pull apart, Tony smiles, "What was that for?"

"Well, I have to obey the apron, of course." Stephen states matter-of-factly.

Tony looks down at the apron. Clear as day, it says "Kiss the Cook".

Tony shrugs playfully, "Who am I to stop you from following the rules?"

Steohen chuckles as they kiss again. Their breakfast might have been ruined, but their morning was wonderful nevertheless.

>·<

Short and sweet. In a way, just like Tony.

I think this means the schedule is finally back on track. Woot! Thank you for readin lovelies, talk to you next time.