Helping - Highschool Au

For Wateeb

3rd Person's P.O.V.

Tony walks down the hall he's walked for three years. He was a junior, and instead of graduating early, he decided to stay. He thought it'd be worth it to spend his teenage life surrounded by people his age. And maybe actually find a boyfriend or girlfriend.

He turns the corner and falls, bumping into someone. He puts his hand on his head where it hurts the most, wondering if they'd impacted hard enough to draw blood. He checked his hand, thankfully no blood.

Tony's P.O.V.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." A voice says.

The bell rings, students dissapear, and I barely care that Im late to class.

I look up to see Stephen. He was a junior too. He looks back behind him and then down at me. I'm only now realizing how  I'm sitting in an awkward position, and he's almost sitting in my lap.

I sit up more, getting a better look at him.

"Hey? You're Stephen, right?" I ask.

He stares at me. Almost as if he doesn't know what to say.

"Tony?"

I look past him, and see my ex, Steve.

Stephen and I scramble and stand up. I dust off my sweater, and look at Steve.

"Is this guy bothering you, Tones?" Steve asks.

I look at Stephen, who's looking at his feet. Was he running from Steve? Is that why we ran into each other? He ran from him and into me?

"No, Steve. You can go to class." I tell him.

He glares at me for a few seconds before turning to Stephen.

"So, first you run away and now your hitting on my guy?" Steve asks rhetorically.

Stephen looks between us, "I-I didn't know you were dating again. I didn't mean to fall on him."

"We aren't dating." I say very defensively.

Steve rolls his eyes and smirks, his attitude changing out of nowhere., "Tony, look, we were both happy together. Don't act like you don't miss me."

"I don't."

"C'mon Tones, just take me back baby. We're great together."

I take a step back after noticing him taking a step forward.

"He said no." Stephen suddenly says.

We both look at him. I can't help but smile, I can't help but think how sweet he's been since he fell on me. And how much Steve's been being an ass.

"I don't think you have a place in this, but you've reminded me that we have unfinished buisness." Steve says, walking up to Stephen.

"Steve, what are you talking about?" I ask.

He ignores me and grabs Stephen's shirt collar. He punches Stephen and I feel as though I can feel the impact myself. He does it again and Stephen uses his arms to block the punches.

"You better stay away from him!" Steve says angrily.

I can't help but not move. I'm stuck. I'm stuck watching. Something in my pushes myself to lunge at Steve, shoving him away.

He stumbles and struggles to balance himself again. He looks at me in shock. Stephen looks at me too, and I look back at him. Steve waits, for something, maybe for us to do something to make him angry. And I want to. I want to make him furious, make him regret messing with someone. For hurting someone.