You're Drunk

Stephen's P.O.V.

"Incoming call from Mr. Stark." Friday says.

"Tony? Why's calling me at such a late time?" I ask myself. "Go ahead and answer it.

"Transfering call." Friday says.

I pick up my phone and put it up to my ear, "Tony?"

"Stephen! Hiiya, wa- how are you?" He asks.

I listen closely, I hear talking, music, glass clinking.

"Anthony, are you at a bar?" I ask.

"Uhm, n-no-o. You're- You're at a bar!" Tony chuckles.

"Where are you? I'm coming to get you." I say.

"No, I... What?" He yells at me, or maybe someone else.

"Nevermind. Stay right there, I'm coming to get you." I say.

"St-tephen! I'm fine! Ohkay?" He says.

"It wasn't a question." I say and I hang up.

"Friday, get me directions to Tony."

>·< Oo A Time Skip >·<

"C'mon, Tony." I say.

"Oh, p-please, just one more?" He asks.

"No." I state.

He grumble, "You're not any fun."

"I'm not here to have fun." I say under my breath.

I help him walk to the car and get in. When I realize he can't buckle himself up, I do that for him too. I get in the car and start driving.

"So, where are we going?" Tony asks.

"Home." I say.

"Oh, so you're coming home with me then?" He says flirtatiously.

I might joke back with him but it wasn't till now that I realized how much he was slurring his words.

"Tony, we live at the same place." I sigh.

"Yeah... But there's so many people there. Always trying to talk to me. Why are they living in our home?" He asks.

"Because, Tony, those are our friends. They live there with us. At the compound." I state.

(While I wrote this, I had deja vu)

"We should get our own place. No friends, just you and I." He says.

"And why on earth would I do that?" I ask, quite curiously.

"Because I love you, and you love me." He says.

I give him a weird look. "So, why'd you go out drinking tonight?"

"I got bored. Then I got sad. So I went to the bar." He shrugs.

I don't know how to respond, so I don't say anything else. The rest of the car ride home was like this, silent.

When we arrived, I helped Tony unbuckle, get out the car, and walk him to his room.

"Dr. Strange?" Friday says.

"What's up Friday?" I respond.

"I advise you not to leave Mr. Stark alone, as he can get out of hand when drunk, and especially when alone." She informs me.

"Okay, um, thank you." I say.

I look at the mess I'm helping walk.

"I guess you're staying with me tonight." I sigh.

"Score!" Tony laughs.

"Shh." I tell him, not wanting to wake up the others.

We get to my room and we suddenly stop walking. Well, I try to but Tony resists.

"Stephen, we should stay up! Work through the night." He says.

"No." I say bluntly.

"Please?" He pouts.

"Why? Give me a good answer, and maybe I'll say yes." No matter what, I'll say no.

"Because, I love you." He says.

I look at him, "Tony, stop saying such ridiculous things."

"But it's true. I know youu love me tooo." He says holding out a few extra sounds.

"No, you're drunk. It's affecting the way you think." I say and start heading to the room.

"No! I mean, yes, I'm maybe a little tipsy," A little? I think, "But I know I love you. And you knoow I love youu."

"You have a funny way of showing it." I say.

"Ohmygod! Stephen, so serious! Just... Kiss me, okaym?" He says.

I step back, but he still clings to me, "Tony, are you insane? I'm not going to kiss you!"

"Why? Not even to see if it feels good?" He asksb stumbling to get closer to me.

"Because, you're drunk, you don't know what you're talking about. And no, I'm not going to kiss you to 'see if it feels good'." I say.

"Stephen." Tony pouts.

"Tony.' I say sternly.

"Stephen." He says back, using my tone of voice.

"Anthony." I say.

He looks as though he's about to say something again but he doesn't.

I help him onto my bed, laying him down and gently placing the covers over him. As I'm about to lay them over his shoulders, he hugs me.

He positions himself to where we're face to face. He catches me offgaurd and kisses me. I'm about to pull away and he senses this I guess, he puts his hand on my neck and forces me closer to him. Seeing as I'm in such a comfy position, trapped, and his lips tasting like vodka and cranberries. Everything in my body is saying yes and no. My mind is racing and my heart is beating like it ever has before.

I kiss back, enjoying the soft, perfect feeling of his lips against mine. It's sweet, slow. Filled with something I didn't think was true: love. In that kiss, I felt like I was being cared for, I felt sheilded from everything bad.

I pull away slowly, keeping pur forheads together. "You're drunk." I breathe.

"But I won't forget." He says softly.

I join him in bed. Cuddling till I fall asleep with the taste of vodka and crandberries on my lips.