Hotel

I'd say this is a decent way to say I'm back.

Hiya lovelies!

I missed you all so much!

You know, I appreciate you guys a lot. All your love and support is incredibly amazing, I don't even know how to describe it.

And the comments are just filled with positivity and humor. Really, you guys are killing it.

Okay, well, enjoy!

Also, Wattpad has messed up the order in which I post these, so I think I'll start putting the date I post these at the bottom, just in case.

Okay, now you can enjoy.

Tony's P.O.V.

Please don't say it.

"I'm sorry, sir."

Please!

"We don't have any other open rooms."

No. No. NoNoNoNo!

"Uhm, none? Would anyone be willing to trade, please?"

"I'm sorry, sir, it's against our policy to do that. We're very busy, we're still trying to wash and clean the towels, sheets and blankets." The receptionist says.

"I'd be willing to pay extra!"

"I'm sorry."

I sigh in defeat.

"Okay, thank you."

She gives me a sad, apologetic smile and I walk back to the room.

I walk in.

"So, what'd they say?"

"We can't change rooms, due to their stupid policy."

"So... I guess we go back to our plan." Stephen says.

"I'm not sleeping on this crusty floor!" I state.

"Well, neither am I!" Stephen yells back.

"Oh god. Okay, neither of us are sleeping on the floor. Why don't you just sleep on your magic carpet? It can be like hammock." I suggest.

Stephen rolls his eyes, "Levi needs rest too, he can't stay awake all night just to make sure I can sleep well."

"Okay, never mind! We'll just share the bed." I say.

Why would Fury send us here on this mission together? He knows about our.. Uneven past.

He knew we were together. He knew we broke up.

So why'd he send us on this mission together?

Later, we get ready to sleep. Regretfully, I pull back the covers and... They're horrifying.

"These sheets are stained." I say, fully disgusted.

"That is disgusting!" He exclaims.

"Okay! That's it! I'm done!" I start walking towards the door, "I'm going to a different hotel!"

"Wait, you can't leave m- this place! Fury ordered us to specificly stay in the grimy, gross place. Together. Whether you like it or not."

I groan, unnecessarily loud.

"Okay, well, I'm not sleeping on that!" I say.

He rolls his eyes, "Neither am I, but you don't see me making a big deal about it! Just go ask for new sheets."

"No, you! Plus, she said they're busy washing everything. They don't have anything clean."

"Okay, well, I'm just going sleep on the blankets then." He shrugs.

".. Me too. What if we get cold?" I ask.

His eyes light up, they're speaking to me.

"We can just warm eachother up."

The rest of him says someting else.

"Then go buy another blanket or something ."

Later that night, we're ready for bed.

I ended up going out and buying a giant blanket for us to share. It wasn't ideal, but I have to work with what I got.

Thank goodness I got that blanket, it was freezing. When we got into bed, I tried to over myself with the fuzzy cover, only to find it being pulled in the other direction.

"Stephen, is that you?" I ask into the darkness.

"Is what me?" Stephen responds.

"You! Pulling on the blanket?" I say.

"Well who else would it be?" He answers rhetorically.

"Well, stop! It's bugging me!" I tell him.

"Then why don't you move?"  He says.

"Why would I do that if I'm so comfy?" I say.

He groans, "Then it's obviously not bugging you that much."

"If I have to move, then so do you!" I state.

I can practically hear him roll his eyes. We move closer together. I can just barely feel the heat from his body.

I turn my body, and notice Stephen facing me. In fact, we're closer than I thought, our noses just barely grazed eachother. My arm lands on his.He opens his eyes, probably wondering why I was moving and touching him.

We just kinda stare at eachother.

"Well... This is awkward." I whisper.

"Don't touch me." He says, pulling his arm away, and turning to face the ceiling.

I find myself staring at him. I notice he notices, he looks at through the corner of my eyes.

He breaks the silence, "You're a blanket hog."

"Leave me alone and stop being so selfish!" I smile.

I can barely see him crack a smile.

"Okay, well, just be quiet so I can actually get some sleep." He says.

"You can't make me!" I say.

"What are you? Five?" He asks.

"Hey! You know you love me!" I say as a joke.

It goes silent.

Bad joke. Bad joke. Bad joke. Bad joke.

"Uh, can we be serious for a moment?" He asks.

"Yeah, sure."

"So, the reason I-- why I broke up with you was because I loved you." He sighs.

"Was that a bad thing?" I suddenly feel so sad.

"No! It was- it was the best thing I've ever felt." He sighs.

"So what was the problem?"

"That it was the best thing I've ever felt. I-I became so obsessed with you and your touch, your smile and laugh. It- it became too much. I knew you liked me, but I was so scared you didn't love me. I was a mess. And still am. I couldn't handle the thought of you not feeling the same way, I pushed you away. It wasn't till we were broken up that I had realized how I should have taken my chance."

I let his words sink in.

"Stephen?" I say.

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

There's a pause.

I scoot closer and wrap my arms around him, trying my best to hug him. I rest my head on his chest, feeling his heartbeat.

"I love you too."

>·<

Friday, August 2nd