The Kids

Stephen's P.O.V.

"Dr. Strange?"

I jump a little, still not used to Friday's voice popping in from nowhere. Tony installed her into the sanctum a month ago, to help me and Wong keep track of what's happening in the world. Though we get notified when anything dangerous enter the atmosphere, Friday is still very helpful.

"Yeah, Friday?" I ask.

"Mr. Stark is calling, would you like to answer?" Friday responds.

"Uh, yea, sure." I shrug.

As soon as the line goes through I hear emmidiate yelling.

"Nebula! Don't touch that!" Tony yells, "Strange? You there?"

"Tony, what's going on over there?" I ask and take another bite of my apple.

"Oh-- Harley, quit-- You know, just babysitting." He says.

"Babysitting? You don't have any children to babysit." I say.

"Well-- Peter? What do you have?!" Tony says.

Very faintly, I can hear a small child yell, "A knife!"

"No!" I can hear the sound of Tony chasing this Peter kid around until he succeeds in getting the knife back.

"So, Tony, who are you babysitting then?" I ask.

"Oh, ya know, Nebula. Peter. Harley. And Morgan."

"What? Aren't three out of four of those children able to take care of themselves? Heck, even Morgan can take care of herself." I chuckle.

"See, that's why I called you. Harley! Don't you even- Ah! Gross! Nebula, don't antagonize him!"
"Someone.. Came here and attacked us. They didn't physically hurt us. But he did.. He turned Nebulab Harley, Peter and even Morgan back to toddlers!"

"What?!"

"Yeah! Now im all here, alone by the way, with four kids at the compound! Now, can you come here and help me?" He asks frustratedly.

"Tony, I'm not good with kids." I note.

"Not with that! You might be able to, I dunno, turn them back?" He sighs.

"I... Am not sure. I'll come over anyways. Be there soon." I say.

"Yes! Thank you! See ya!"

>·<

"Stephen! Is that you? Hurry! Ow!"

I walk into the lounge room to find... A mess.

Tony was holding a toddler Nebula in his left arm and a toddler Harley in the other. He was yelling at toddler Peter to get down from the ceiling, spider powers sctivated. Toddler Morgan was hugging her dads leg, pointing up and yelling "I want uppy too!"

Toys were sprawled across the room, including building blocks, dolls and toy cars. On the coffee table is a knife. It's a plastic knife, thank goodness, but it must be the one Tony was yelling about earlier.

"Stephen!" Morgan squeals and runs over to me. I pick her up and hold her.

"God Tonyb you look like a disaster." I comment.

"I feel like a disaster." He says.

I give a look to my cloak and in an instant it fliesup and swaddles Peter, carefully bringing him down to the ground. The little spider giggles as he crawls out.

Harley looks down at his friend, "I want a turn! I want a turn!"
Morgan soon joins in and even Nebula starts in the chant.

When The Cloak floats around them, flapping it's ends and waving around, entertaining the small ones. For now.