Chapter 3

A tired feeling came upon you. I left the swimming pool twenty minutes ago and was now sitting with my family in a restaurant waiting for our food.

I enjoyed spending more time with Aidan. It was as amazing as I imagined, maybe even better.

Aidan had given me his number after swimming and we were sending messages to each other. Even though he actually was sitting at the table a few meters away from us, it was amazing to text him.

I could see him smiling with every message I send.

A few animators were performing an evening show with dancing and songs. 'Now we are looking for some dancers to dance here with us.' The woman said in the microphone.

Nobody appeared to want this and just went on with their conversations or eating their dinner.

'Come on!' The other animator said in his mic as he tried to get the attention of everyone sitting there.

A young girl showed up. She was ready to dance but it did not satisfy the two animators enough.

After a minute more seeking the attention  of the people there came some teenagers and some drunk adults. It was mostly to have a good laugh.

Yet, there were not enough people to make them happy and go further with their show. Suddenly their eyes fell upon two tables. And oh guess what, yes our two tables..

'You two come here and have some fun! Dance!' Said the woman as she pointed at Aidan and me.

I could hear the excitement in her voice but I really could not dance. Looking away from her, I looked at Aidan who already had his eyes on me.

My eyes clearly send a worried look which asked him 'What do we do?'

But before he could react my brother started laughing. 'Yess! Go on! Loosen up a bit y/n!'

Aidan chucked as he heard my brother yelling and then he stood up, walked towards me and grabbed my hand.

He pulled me closer to him to whisper in my ear 'Come on, let's have some fun shall we.'.

I felt my stomach turn again. By now I got used that Aidan had this effect on me.

I smiled shyly as I walked with him to the stage.

It was clear that he was used to be on stage and in front of a bunch of people, but I was not. This was all pretty new to me.

After everyone on the stage had loosened up, there were people dancing along with the music. While my eyes could be everywhere around me, they could not leave Aidan's. And his, they couldn't leave mine.

After several minutes we saw how the animators went to whisper something in everyone on the stage their ear. Confused but not really caring that much, we just waited. Waited for them to come and whisper something in our ears like they had been doing with everyone else.

When suddenly the music stopped, I wanted to leave. All the eyes were upon Aidan and me. An uncomfortable feeling started taking over my body and I could tell Aidan knew I was feeling like this.

'Let's go to our tables again.' He said as he watched the crowd look at us 'Come..'

'Don't leave so soon..' An animator said as she held us back 'Start the music!'

When the music got turned on it was very clearly a slow number. No. I can't dance. Not a slow. Not while so many people are watching!

I started to panic immediately but tried to keep it unseen. It were the eyes that made me panic. When I looked at Aidan again, I could see he was trying to read me again. He knew that I was panicking.

'What do we do?' I asked as I kept trying to control my breathing.

Aidan smiled softly and said 'y/n, would you like to share another dance with me?'. It were the many eyes who made me panic but it were his who convinced me to do it. To dance with him.

'Yes.' I whispered as our eyes locked and didn't leave each other for the whole dance.

The dance was perfect. We forgot about all the eyes upon us and forgot completely that we were not alone. In our heads, it was us two and no one else.