Chapter 18

My weekend with my cousin went amazing. I told her everything about Aidan and she listened.

She told me that loved hearing me talk about him because she loves seeing me happy. Even when that meant me rambling to her about him for hours.

We also watched the umbrella academy together and she's addicted now.

The next dats went by rather slow since I couldn't wait for this sunday. I watched every minute pass on the clock and I don't remember much from school.

Let's say I can remember a maximum of  five things from this week at school.. I'd catch up with the stupid subjects later.

After sitting in school endlessly and not being able to fall asleep at night because of the excitement to go to the party, my alarm went off at 8am on Saturday Monday.

It didn't take long for me to jump out of my bed and wake my mom up while doing so.

'I'm going to Los Angeles today mooom!' I yelled.

I heard her chuckle in the room next to mine. 'I know sweetheart, let me sleep just a bit more and then I'll help you to pack the last things okay?'

I got dressed quickly as I putted on a very comfortable outfit since I was going to be in the plane for quite some time.

'See you today' I sent Aidan with a smile upon my face. I was so ready.

After about an hour, my mom and I were driving to the airport. There was a lot of traffic which triggered my anxiety. 'Are we going to be there in time?' I asked my mom as tried to stop my hands from shaking.  My mom chuckled softly and layed her hand upon mine 'Don't be nervous y/n. We'll be there in time believe me.'.

After a while I heard that I needed to get ob my plane and I looked at my mom 'I'm gonna miss you.'

'I'm going to miss you too, but I know that you're going to have the best time there.' She said as she gave me a much needed hug.

'I'll be back soon.' I said as I pulled back.

'You better be!' She chuckled.

I gave her one last hug and then stepped on the plane. Aidan had given me a seat by the window, which I was extremely grateful for.

It didn't take long before my eyes started to fall down and I fell into a deep sleep.

•••

After the flight, I step out of the plane with my suitcase in my hands. In my country, it's already evening but here it is morning. I knew that I'd have a huge jet lack. We're talking about me, I need my sleep. I start walking and while I do, I see many people hugging their families and kisses who are shared. Looking around, my eyes almost not letting me, I suddenly hear my name beinf called.

The voice sounds as music to my ears. I turn around and when I see the familiar face, I can feel a smile forming onto my lips.

Aidan runs up to me and in just a few seconds, I can feel his arms around me. I return the hug and close my eyes, feeling his body heat. "I missed you." I say while smelling his perfume.

"Not as much as I missed you, y/n!" He answers and I chuckle softly. So cheesy, still it makes sure my belly goes all kind of ways.

It doesn't take long until we decide to take a taxi to Aidan's house. The taxi arrives almost immediately since there are standing at least twenty of them outside of building. We step in and tell the driver the adress. I lay my head onto Aidan's shoulder and allow myself to drift deep into my own thoughts.

His parents are the ones who are worrying me. Last time I saw them, they loathed me. They preferred him to be with Kara. It migh've been easier and better for them since she's a very good family friend and she lives way closer to them. I've got no idea how they will be towards me. What they will say or how they will react when they see my face.

Aidan must've noticed me worrying because I a hand on my cheeks shakes me out of my thoughts. "Are you ok?" He questions but we both know he already knows what I am and what I am worrying about.

"Isn't it going it going to be weird with your parents and me?" I look down, looking away from his eyes "Not that they liked me the last time I saw them."

Aidan grabs my chin, making sure I have to look up at him. "Everything will be alright." He sends me a reassuring smile but I'm not convinced at all "Plus, they're really busy with work.".

That helps. A bit. After sitting in the taxi for another twenty minutes, we finally arrive. We both step out of the car, me first. I look at the driveway.

"So are they home now?' I ask, I see one car parked on it. But there's a chance that his parents left with the other one.

"Yup, don't worry." I feel him grabbing my hand "They are okay with us being together.".

Together

After he said that word, I can feel my belly making a turn again and my cheeks heating up.

"I explained what Kara did and they started liking you." He finishes explaining. I immediately frown, not believing what he just said. They would never.

"That's impossible." I shake my head. I don't think his father minded that much but his mom most certainly did. She loved Kara. I don't believe that even that message can change that.

He leads me to the front door, opens it and we both walk inside. I can immediately see his parents sit in the living-room. Feeling like it would be the best thing to do, I go up to them and shake their hands.

I shake his dad's hand first and then his mom's hand. As I do, I see her looking down. "Sorry for my behavior and actions from before." She says, now looking at me. While she does so, I can see the guilt in her eyes. She meant it. She meant every word.

"Don't worry about it. Everything is ok." I smile softly, still careful.

"So you're Aidan's date to the party, huh." Aidan's dad says in an excited tone. "Yeah." I answer him.

I'm Aidan's date.

I can feel Aidan's gaze upon me and I turn around. "Want me to show you around in Los Angeles?" Aidan asks, but he knows my answer.

His parents were kind, for once and I felt welcome. Still, that didn't change the fact that I loved being with him alone. "I'd like that."